Friday, June 18, 2010

Vintage Balloon


Several weeks ago, a card of mine was selected as one of the Top 3 at Raise the Bar challenge blog. It is their practice to invite the Top 3 to be guest designers several weeks later. This is my week to guest design for Raise the Bar. The challenge theme is to make a Father's Day card. I've made quite a few Father's Day cards this month and I'm sort of running out of gas on male oriented cards. Luckily, Sugar Creek Hollow recently came out with this wonderful digital image, Vintage Balloon which is a perfect image for a guy card. I paper pieced it by hand using the retired SU paper pack Brocade Backgrounds. The panel behind the balloon was stamped using the SU Artifacts set on Very Vanilla in Versamark, embossed with clear EP and sponged with Old Olive. The Vintage Balloon set comes with a "Happy Father's Day" sentiment, but I wanted to make my words wavy like a banner so I created my own on my computer. The brown edging around the main panel is actually the Martha Stewart picket fence border punch. I just let the tip ends peek out over the edge.

Thanks so much for stopping to check out this, my second post of the day. I'll be back again later this mornnig with my weekly card for Fairy Fun Friay, the Prairie Fairy weekly challenge.

Blessings & hugs,

14 comments:

Margreet said...

stunning card Linda...love your paperpiecing the balloon!
xxx Margreet

Joseline said...

This is just beautiful!!!

nessy said...

so stylish ~just love the colour combo!!~perfect!
vanessa xx

Brandi said...

Gorgeous! Love this card! :)

Tanya said...

So beautiful, love the colors

HappyCrafter said...

Very pretty, and yet masculine too! The stitching looks great.

ellepaulette said...

Ooooh! This card is wonderful!! I really love it!! Great job!! :)

Donna Moore said...

Whew, paper piecing by hand!!! This card is a knock out, I love your colors and the banner is perfect! Linda, this is such a beautiful card!! Whoever gets it will be very lucky indeed!!

Suzana said...

No words are necessary....your gorgeous card speaks volumes!

Sian said...

Fabby card, love the paper you've used for the balloon.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda, I love the colours and your paper piecing is superb. The image is stunning too, I may have to investigate further! Sue C x

Beautiful Greetings said...

Awesome card Linda! I love that balloon! Your cards are always amazing and I look at each one...just wanted to let you know that I really admire your work.

Tracy Vinson said...

Hey girl...sorry I did not get over to see you yesterday. We have been out of town at Pastor's conference and I have just had a chance this evening to sit down and look at all of the teams work. This is OVER THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is just FAB about this card, the colors, the DP...everything!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Saw this on "Card of the Week" and had to come tell you how awesome it is!!!! Love it!
Hugs,
True :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com