Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Golf Umbrella


Good Wednesday morning to you! It's Isabella's Sketchbook challenge day and this week we are challenged to make a Father's Day card. My DH is a golfer so I decided on this image from Isabella's Sketchbook. I love the retro look of the image, which I digitally paper pieced. The digital DP is from Designs by Krista, a pack called Candy Apples. The card stock is SU's Really Rust and Always Avecado. The brads are from Michael's and again, I don't remember where I purchased the wired "ribbon". I printed the golf ball a bit smaller the second time, printed the Happy Father's Day on it and attached it to a Tin Holtz Fragment.

I hope you will stop by Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge and see the rest of the team's beautiful work. And maybe you could take time to pay them a visit at their personal blog too.

AnnikaCecDianaJackieJenniferLindaLisaPeggyPeriRandiSharonSueViv

Thanks so much for stopping by this morning. Hope to see you this week over at Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge!

Blessings & hugs,

20 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

such a wonderful card, Linda! those brads and that wired ribbon really add so much to your card! lots of fun! :)

Christine said...

Great Father's Day card!

Annie said...

love it
Ann xxx

Unknown said...

I alway think you have to use browns for a fathers day card.. I was wrong. This is wonderful! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Linda, I love how you made the sentiment from the golf ball. Pure genius! I am not that savy with the computer yet. Your card beautiful.

Dianne said...

Hi Linda,

Super Cute Card !! Great Father's Day Card. Your DH will love it. Great colors.

Hugs,
Dianne

Unknown said...

Beautiful card as are all of your creations!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda, I love how you've done the digital piecing, the colours just blend beautifully. Sue C x

Shirl said...

This is beautiful! I'm sure your DH will love it, because I do too!!

Cor* said...

I love the brads and that golfball with the sentiment! Great! Congrats to Sian for winning the candy!

Annika said...

You just rock at putting together things I would never have even thought off and getting a wonderful balanced result! Once again - amazing!
Hugs
Annika

Viv said...

Wow! Great colours, embellies, everything! As usual you have pulled together a stunning card Linda! Viv xx

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute idea! Great card and your pairing of the umbrella with the golf ball is wonderful.

Tanya said...

Oh I love this! So cute!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Linda this is fabulous what a wonderful design loving the colours and image

Hugs
Lorraine x

HappyCrafter said...

What a fun fathers day, that golf ball and tee are a great touch!

Cec said...

Another great card. I love the colours and the fabulous trims and brads. I need to come visit so you can take me shopping for stuff to add to my stash:)
Hugs!
Cec

The Wired Angel said...

Great card Linda... I especially love all of the stitching and wish I could do that! I'm jealous. This week I promised myself I would TRY!! Hugs, Peggy x

Sharon said...

A stunning card Linda, such a lot of detail on this one.

Lisa said...

Just love this umbrella card! You always seem to pick the right papers to compliment each other! When will you be holding a class on that??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com