Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pretty Peacock


Hello and welcome to another Saturday with Our Creative Corner. It's my last week to be hostess. I've had a blast this month coming up with the challenges and I hope you have enjoyed them too. This week, our sponsor is Isabella's Sketchbook, one of the design teams I represent. I'm sure you know that Isabella has over 250 beautiful digital images over at her store and she will be giving three imges to the random winner of this week's challenge.

Our challenge this week is to keep our cool and chill out using the cool colors of blue and green. I selected this Peacock digital image to work with this week. I thought the image was perfect for this color challenge of blue and green. In the neighborhood where I live, we have several flocks of peacocks roaming around, but we rarely see a male with his gorgeous tailfeathers spread. They mostly just drag them around. But when you do see the rare display, it is truly stunning it its beauty. I came home to find one large tailfeather in my driveway the other day and picked it up to use to match up the colors. I know this is a pretty simple card for me, but I thought the colors, DP design and the punch design all worked together so beautifully to support the peacock motiff. The DP is digital from Pretty Petticoat. I scanned the Brilliant Blue and Green Galore into my PSE and changed the colors on the DP to match exactly. And luckily I had the exact colors in Copic markers to color the iamge. So everything just sort of fell together for this card. The bow is a la (the incredibly talented and generous) Becka Feeken. You can check out her amazing tutorial here on making a Collar Bow.

That's pretty much all the details for this card. I hope you will pop on over to Our Creative Corner to see the other beautiful work by our design team.
Thanks for spending your Saturday morning with me. Hope to see you again next week. Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings & hugs,

16 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

Oooh! I love this image, and your colouring is fab Linda. The DP's and that big bow. Fantastic card.
Hugs
Suzi x

Annie said...

Love the colours you've used together here.
ann xxx

Karin said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card and lovely colouring (",)
Hugs from Karin

marsha said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the colors and that bow is awesome!
Hugs, Marsha

Lori Rider said...

What a pretty peacock! I love your shades of blue and green and all your gorgeous embellishments. Thanks so much for the awesome challenges this month!

Christine said...

Truly stunning Linda!

Erica said...

That corner punch is perfect with the peacock - beautiful work as always!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Fantastic image. Love how you used it. Beautiful.

Donna Moore said...

Wowzer girl, this is gorgeous!!! What an amazing piece of art, your bow is so original!
Hope you are doing well, have missed visiting!

Sian said...

Hi Linda, just catching up.

Gorgeous card, love the image and the bow is amazing.

cheryl said...

wow hun how stunning is this what a fantastic image,and super coloruing on this too hugs cheryl xxxx

Kelly said...

Linda, I love these colors together, you made a beautiful card.

jjcreations said...

Linda - This peacock is gorgeous. Love the card!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Linda! I love how you've changed the DP to match the colours exactly, and the corner punch really adds to the feel of the peacock's feathers fanned out. Sue C x

bernietom47 said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card.
Hugs
Bernie

Annika said...

OK. Gotta make the bow. NOW.
Yummy-yummy-yummy card!!!
And I almost resent how matter-of-factly you just "change the colours of paper to match". aaarrrgggghhh.
I'm useless!
Hugs
Annika

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com