Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweet Baby Girl


Hello and welcome to my Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog post. Sadly, this will be my last one with the team as I have stepped down. It was my decision, but it still makes me sad. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the team, but I had taken on too many teams and deadlines and something had to give.

This week the challenge is to make a card for a baby. I noticed that the entire team and one of the guest designers chose pink. I guess we all love those girly girl type of creations. Mine uses a darling image from Isabella's Sketchbook, DP from Raspberry Road Designs and gingham from Pink Petticoat. It's a digital bonanza! The image was colored with Copics, the edges sponged with Creamy Caramel and the sentiment computer generated. A Martha Stewart edge punch was used as well as the Swiss Dots embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. I feel like it's a little too washed out with all the pinks, but other than that I really like the way it looks.

Hope you will stop by the other Creative Inspirations designers' blogs and play along with our babies challenge. Thanks so much for making a stop at my blog today and for the lovely comments you may leave.

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
Allsorts - Inspiration - Strawberries & Cream
A Spoonful of Sugar - Floral Delights
The Crazy Challenge - Distress It
Mojo Monday - Sketch
Res-Q-Challenge - Close it Up (stitching)
Sentimental Sundays - New or neglected stash (new image and new digital paper)
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Make a hand made embellishment
Alphabet Challenge Blog - F is for Flowers

24 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Hi just stopping by to wish you well and tell you how much we will miss you. Have enjoyed working with you and please dont be a stranger. Your card is stunning but we have come to expect that of you. Missing you already. Sue xx

Suzi Mac said...

This is gorgeous, love the Dp's and the layout is just fab. Such a sweet baby card.
Hugs
Suzi x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is gorgeous I do love the design of this card with the distressed edges that lovely little image and the papers and colours that flower is absolutely fab.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Karen said...

Your card is stunning!!! I love everything about it!!

Irene said...

Morning Linda

Another stunner it's gorgeous. Love, Love every detail.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

oh my how gorgeous is this.
Ann xxx

Margreet said...

this is so great Linda......love your DP, the distressing and the stunning flower!
xxx Margreet

Sian said...

Wow, love it, it's gorgeous.

Lisa said...

Awwww I love this card so much! That jumpsuit looks adorable amongst all that texture and color!

NGCARDS said...

This is a beautiful card, a great one for your last :) So sorry to see you go but I do hope you get a chance to play in some future challenges :) xxx

Christine said...

This is just so adorable!

brenda said...

Hi Linda

Your card is very sweet and so delicate.

Thank you for joining in my Strawberries and Cream them at Allsorts this week.

B x

Anonymous said...

This has such a charming vintage look, like all of your beautiful creations! I love the sweet image and delicate papers; that rose is a masterpiece!
Hugs,
April

stephanne said...

Hi there Linda, I will miss your wonderfully funkalicious vintage creations on our DT panel at C.I. but all is not lost, as I can still stalk you via your blog and get my funky fix that way, lol!!

Your project is just as sweet as can be, I love the patterned papers you've used and that sweet little image makes me say, "awwwwwwwww."

Take Care friend,
stephanne

Unknown said...

Oh,this is sooo sweet. I have a baby shower to attend next month and this is giving me some inspiration.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely adorable. Thanks for playing Mojo!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such a pretty card, LO is fab and your DP are just perfect
Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy' this week!! good luck

Hugs Shell xx

Berry said...

This is so pretty I love the soft muted colours. Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge this wk Hugs Rebekah x x

Denise said...

so pretty and vintage looking! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Ann English said...

Not only cute, it's so special-love the vintage look of this card! Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Debs said...

Very pretty card - love the finishing touches. Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the softness and the distressing!

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. Good luck!

Tracy said...

wow this is beautiful i love the flower and gorgeous sentiment, really gorgeous work, thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

Teri said...

Gorgeous hun, so cute!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Creative Cottage.
Hugs,
Teri x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com