Friday, June 18, 2010

Thank You, Dad


Welcome back to my third post of the day. Are you tired of me yet? LOL!! It's been a super busy week for me, getting ready to leave for vacation. By the time you read this pre-scheduled post, I will probably already be in Key West. We planned to leave at 8:00 a.m. and it's only a three-hour drive. So while I unpack my bathing suit and get ready to hit the pool, you can read about my last Father's Day card of the year. This one was made for Fairy Fun Friday, the Prairie Fairy's challenge blog. Our challenge this week is to make a Father's Day card. This image is actually called Me 'n' My Grampa, but I elected to use it as a Dad card. Rather than color it up, I changed the lines to brown and printed it at 65% opacity, effectively using it as a background to the sentiment. The sentiment was made up by yours truly and printed on my computer.

Details: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel and Basic Black card stock. Houndstooth paper is called World Traveler-Old Coat by Heidi Swapp and the pinstripe DP is called Floral Mocha Paperie by making Memories. A Martha Stewart boarder punch was used to make the double layer border panel. Spellbinders Labels One and Five dies were used for the center panel. The black brads are just stock brads from Jo-Ann's and the chipboard letters were cut with the Cuttlebug Oliva alphabet. I hand wrote the "Love you!" note which is held up by a mini clip from SU.

Hope you enjoyed all three of my creations today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you will come back tomorrow to see what I have made for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge.

Blessings & hugs,

11 comments:

Tanya said...

Beautiful! Love that the image is the background with the sentiment on top. Masculine and elegant, any dad would love this.

HappyCrafter said...

Wow! What an absolutely fabulous fathers day card! I love how you used the main image as more of a watermark and featured the words. Very inspiring!

Sian said...

Stunning card, love the image with the verse ontop.

Anonymous said...

So much to look at on this card, just stunning. I love how you've combined the two different shape Nesties. The words are beautiful and brought a lump to my throat. Gorgeous ! Sue C x

Ingrid said...

This is so nice! What a tender poem, and a loving card! The father who gets this must be a very happy man.
Hugs Ingrid

Anonymous said...

Linda - this card is just SUPER!

Juls said...

wow this is gorgeous! Just Love everything about it! Hugs Juls

Maria Matter said...

Linda, your creations are always so so beautiful!!! This is a wonderful father's day card hun!!!
Blessings!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is an amazing card Linda! Everything on it is fascinating, especially the image used as a ghost instead of being coloured. Truly remarkable. Hugs Viv xxx

Annika said...

I love how you "sunk" the image by not colouring it and having a darker sentiment!! Gorgeous! You rock guy cards!
Hugs
Annika

raindropecho said...

Boy, do I love this! Great combo of colors and so many details to look at!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com