Friday, June 18, 2010

Load It Up!


What a fun challenge we had this week for Fabulous Friday at Sugar Creek Hollow! The design team was challenged to make cards that were loaded - you could interpret that any way - could be loaded with layers, or embellishments or stamps - whatever your heart desired. Here's my loaded creation. Not so many layers this week, but lots of shabby chic sort of embellies. I used the wonderful Bee Tile from Sugar Creek Hollow and decided to stay with black and white to make a sharp impact. The white panel was embossed with the Victoria Cuttlebug EF, added a Prima black rhinestone flourish, a strip of fabric flowers (purchased in a strip at Jo-Ann's, white paper roses, a florist's pick embellishment and a silver heart. Enough embellies for you? Actually, I was second-guessing myself on this one, wondering if it was too over the top, but I came around to liking it and decided it was just enough - LOL!!!

Don't forget to stop by the Sugar Creek Hollow store to pick up your Fabulous Friday Freebie. Thanks so much for stopping by today and thank you for your comments.

Blessings & hugs,

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Your embellishments on this card are almost awe-inspiring!! I love it!!

bernietom47 said...

Wow Awesome card!! Love the black adn white and it's got just enough embellishments.
Hugs
Bernie

Margreet said...

amazing card Linda.......love your embellies......great way of taking the pic!
xxx Margreet

Joseline said...

Beautiful card Linda. I love how you designed this card. All the elements work so well together.

Christine said...

Bee-utiful Linda!

Tanya said...

Love black and white cards. I am loving all the embellishments!

ellepaulette said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card! Perfect!!

Sian said...

LOVE the ribbon and the large flower and all the other embellishments. Love how everything works so well together.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Linda, the black and white really does pop, and I love all the embellies ! Sue C x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com