Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cherish Today


Good morning to you! I'm so glad your here today to see what I have made for Isabella's Sketchbook challenge. This week we have a sketch for you to follow. You can use any colors or theme, as long as you use an Isabella's Sketchbook image and follow the sketch. If you don't have an Isabella's image, check out the store. There is a free digi offered for you to use in the challenge. Or better yet, invest $3 and buy one of the many beautiful images she has for sale.


I chose to use a digital image called Girlie Apron and digitally paper pieced it using the Flour Sack digital paper pack from Raspberry Road Designs. Digital paper piecing is just the coolest thing ever. No more cutting and gluing teensy tiny pieces of DP. Just a few copy and pastes in my PhotoShop Elements and then print it out. The border punch used is from SU and the Spellbinders die is Labels 5. The ribbon color is Old Olive so I sponged the die cut panel softly with Old Olive to break up the whiteness. Oh, and the faux milk cap is from Jennie Bowlin.


I'm so glad you stopped by today. Now why don't you head on over to Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge or to my fellow DT members' blogs.

AnnikaCecDianaJackieJenniferLindaLisaPeggyPeriRandiSharonSueViv


Any questions? Please leave them in the comments section and then stop back by to learn my response. Thanks again for coming by.


Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Sewing
Creative Imaginations - Sewing
If the Shoe Fits - Down on the Farm
Stamp Something - Use a Digital Image
Incy Wincy - Paper Piecing

27 comments:

Annika said...

I loved that card from the moment I saw it, the colour scheme is just sooo up my alley and thedesign is stunning, so pretty and fabulously retro!
Hugs
Annika

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! So sunny, bright, and pretty! I love it!

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!! what a fabulous aprin! I would love one like that!! Hugs Juls

Margreet said...

this is absolutely gorgeous, Linda...love the apron and your paperpiecing!
xxx Margreet

Christine said...

Just love how everything matches!

Shirl said...

This is absolutely stunning! The digital paper piecing looked great and seems really fun to do too! Love it!

Kathy Martin said...

What a fun card! Love the bright colors and the ribbon work! :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I just love your cards! Each time you post it is another amazing work of art. I love this one with all the bright colors and patterns.

Cor* said...

Yay, I get to kill 2 birds with one stone here! What a fab card. I literally thought you colored the apron like that, then thought "no way"!!! It looks great with those papers, that DP and of course the stitching! Amazing! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations ! Good luck.

Unknown said...

This is great! i love the apron, and the patterned paper that u used! definetly has that 'farm' feeling to it! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!

♥Jan♥ said...

Wow...

made by fifi said...

wow what a fab card -thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge this week x

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colours and the digital paper piecing! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Tanya said...

oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVE this card! That image is too cute, the digi paper are perfect! I have never used digi papers before, need to check it out. Would love to try digital paper piecing too. Beautiful!

Viv said...

Beautiful Linda! I'm in awe of you! Don't spose you do tutorials in digital paper-piecing huh? I struggle with photoshop elements!! Viv xx

Unknown said...

I'm a big apron nut so I just love this card!

cheryl said...

oh beautiful card love the image and colurs you have used,thanks for joining us at creative inspirations,this week love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Linda I just adore your style this card is gorgeous love the colours and design so much that image is great so is the ribbon I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Edith said...

What a bright card Linda! I love the colors. It is different from your work, but you made beautiful card on many styles:)

Tami said...

Love the paper piecing. Thanks for playing at Aly's

Irene said...

Morning Linda

Oh I do LOVE this card it's gorgeous, and a fanttastic idea to paper piece.

luv
irene
xxxx

jaine drake said...

I love your colourful card. Good luck at creative inspirations.

Sharon said...

I just loved this card of yours the minute I saw it Linda. The colours are so captivating and you've coloured the apron in so match it so beautifully. Fantastic! hugs Sharon

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! Linda, I get to tell you how fab this card is twice, I love it to bits and it's also perfect for our challenge over at Creative Inspirations with that great stitching. I adore the DP's and that wonderful image. Just Gorgeous hun.
Hugs
Suzi x

Jennifer Scull said...

truly beautiful, Linda! love that milk cap, !too

jude said...

Absolutely Stunning!Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations.Good luck hope to see you again.
hugs judex

HappyCrafter said...

this is amazing! what an advertisement for PS Elements (on my b'day list!). This looks so beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com