Friday, June 11, 2010

No. 1 Dad


Hello and welcome to my Fabulous Friday post for Sugar Creek Hollow. This week, the DT was challenged to make a Father's Day card. I used the Father's Day set from Sugar Creek Hollow. It's a great set and a great deal - you get four images for $5 at the Sugar Creek Hollow store.

The card stock used here is Really Rust and Mellow Moss. The DP is from the Cosmo Cricket Outlaw pack. I was trying to remember where I got the twine and I think I picked it up at the food pantry I run. I believe it was used to fasten a crate of green beans together - LOL!! I snag anything I think can have a second life on one of my cards. It sure did come in handy to give this card an authentic western feel. I bought those star brads at a LSS when I first stared stamping. They've been hanging aroiund in my stash for at least 10 years and I've used them maybe twice before - not a great purchase, but came in handy here. I used a Spellbinders Nestability for the wanted sign and the poster was printed on my printer and distressed with Frayed Burlap distress ink. I printed the #1 Dad badge on SU gold paper and really wasn't happy with the way it looked, but couldn't really find anything better in my extensive stash so I went with it.

That about wraps up the details on this one. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope you will stop by the Sugar Creek Hollow store and pick up your Friday Freebie. Don't delay, they are only available for a week.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope to see you again real soon!

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
The Shabby Tea Room - Just for Dad
Cards for Men - Father's Day
My Partner in Crafting Crime - Show Papa Some Love
Pixie Cottage - Father's Day and/or sketch
Paper Cutz - Father's Day
CCEE Stampers - One for the Males
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Father's Day

34 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Linda

Wow, I love this card. Gorgeous colours, papers and design layout.
Thank you for your inrpiration.

luv
irene
xxxx

Shirl said...

What an amazing Father's Day card! It's manly enough definitely, I've been procrastinating a lot thinking about the right card to make for my dad...thanks for the inspiration :)

Yvonne Hagane said...

What a fabulous Fathers Day card!
Love all the gorgeous details and the masculine feel to it:)
Awesome!

Sian said...

Wonderful card, love the stamp!

Hanne said...

I love this card Linda! Great text and it is an amazing Fathers Day Card.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Ingrid said...

What a great idea for a father's day card! Love it.
Hugs Ingrid

Annika said...

Now that is cool, love the funky Western feel and all your vintage touches. Fabulous!
Hugs
Annika

Stephanie said...

Luv what you did with this set.. Great that you can use it without a photo for the frame!

Donna Moore said...

It is just so much fun to come here and see your art! You never, ever disappoint, today of course, is no exception! Love your card and all the details you have added to make it just perfect! thanks for the eye candy!!!

Lori said...

What a perfect fathers day card. I just love your style!

marsha said...

Linda,
You never cease to amaze me with your stunning creations - museum quality works of art!!! I just love your colors, your design and all of your special touches!
Hugs, Marsha

Basement Stamper said...

Linda: This is absolutely perfect! Love the sewing and the sponging of it. Beautiful!

ellepaulette said...

This is flat out, all around perfect!! I am totally loving it!!! :)

Tracy Vinson said...

Love these colors...different than anything I have seen you do. The entire feel of the card is so manly. Love IT.

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous card, LInda! Such a fabulous way to combine the images - love, love this!

LorettaL said...

I love that wanted paper!! I still have a pack, and I forgot all about it until I saw your magnificent card, Linda! YOur card is wonderful!

♥Jan♥ said...

Charming !!

Nancy said...

Such an amazing card, Linda!! I love all of your attention to detail..it is always inspiring!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great card! Love the colors and the twine you added. And the sentiment is the best!

Davi said...

Great Dad Card! The nice layers and embellies. Thanks for playing at the Pixie Cottage.

Lisa said...

Ooohhhh Linda, I love your card. The rustic feel is terrific! I am so bad at masculine cards but yours is wonderful!!!

Robin said...

That is fantastic!! Totally suits our blog as well, Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

issy said...

WOW! Fantastic card, and the detail is just superb.

Thanks for playing along with Cards for Men this week, and good luck in the challenge.

issy

Katie said...

Such a gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linda, fabulous card, ideal for a Fathers day card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card, love your layout. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, fabulous fathers day card! I really like that rope you used, it matches the western theme and coordinates with the other items really well! Hope you are having a great weekend!

cheryl said...

wow gorgeous card hun super detail on this bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week hope to see you again soon,love hugs cheryl xxx

Debbie said...

Super adorable 'dad' card!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Lesley said...

Great card! I love the stitching and string! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Helen Dooley said...

awesome card! thanks for playing on PCC

Suzi Mac said...

Th is is just wonderful Linda, an amazing Fathers day card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

What an original Fathers Day card! Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage Challenge.
~Pam

JR Creations said...

Ha ha this is brilliant, had to go over to Sugar Hollow Creek and have a goo and OMG wow!! Great card and thanks for the link over. Love the distressing and that star, very clever. Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

Jenny T.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com