Saturday, June 12, 2010

Gotcha Cornered!


Good morning! Hoping your weekend is getting off to a great start. So happy that you stopped by to see my DT sample for Our Creative Corner. I am hostess over there for the month of June and will be setting the challenges. This week, I am challenging you to give some special love to the corners of your card. Instead of neglecting them, fill them with stamps, die cuts, metal, bling, flowers or whatever makes you happy. I'm looking forward to seeing all the creative ways you all can fill up those corners.

I just might have gone a little overboard on filling up my corners, but I definitely made my point! I started with a base of Very Vanilla and Riding Hood Red, overlaid by a layer of Cosmo Cricket DP (too bad I always cover up the beauiful DP). Four of the beautful filagree cross from the Spellbinders Cross Collection (limited edition) die set were cut out of Riding Hood Red. Next up is a layer of Creamy Caramel cut with the largest of the Scallop Squares Nestabilities. A chocolate chip square was cut using the Spellbinders Fair Isles pendant. The little circle flower is a die from the Classic Frame Frameabilities set also by Spellbinders. The pearls are from Kaiser Kraft. The image is from our sponsor this week, The Prairie Fairy, and was colored with Copics. Roberta will give five digital images to the random winner of this week's challenge.

I hope to see your creation entered into our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner. Be sure to stop by the other design team members blogs to see their beautiful work too!
Thanks again for stopping by and for the wonderful comments you all leave. I'm sorry that I haven't had time to return the favor, but am hoping things slow down a bit for me in July after I return from vacation.
Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
Crafty Catz - Embossing
Cardvarks - Wet or Dry Embossing

15 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Linda

Another stunner, gorgeous papers, and design. I love how you have used all the spellbinders products, and your perfect stamped image in the centre.

Thank you for your fantastic inspiration.
luv
irene
xxxx

Suzi Mac said...

Fantastic card Linda, the layering is superb and I love the colour combo.
Hugs
Suzi x

Shirl said...

This is beautiful Linda! I love how you layered the DP and all the other cardstock and lovely pearls in the corners! :D

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the rich colours and all the details, so much to look at.

Annika said...

Oh wow, fabulous colouring, such perfect colours and great layout. Embellies are chosen with a great eye and finish off your masterpiece perfectly!
Hugs
Annika

Cor* said...

Another homerun! Amazing job on one of the new images!!! Great corner decorations! And fantastic die cut shapes!

Lori Rider said...

I knew you would have gorgeous corners on your card and you didn't disappoint! This is just stunning - such a pretty image and I love what you did with your Nesties!

Lori said...

Wow Linda, this is the first card i've seen with the new image and you made it look simply beautiful! Great layout too!

marsha said...

Another fabulous card Linda! Love your design and all your embellishments, Wowzer!
Hugs, Marsha

Tanya said...

Beautiful! Love all the Spellbinders.

Juls said...

this is just fab! Love the gingham ribbon! Hugs Juls

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Linda
A gorgeous card,beautiful embossing,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

bernietom47 said...

OHHH I love all the layers and color combo. Lovely card.
Hugs
Bernie

Lindsey said...

Oh wow! Love all the layers and the embossing, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Linda another stunning card with the wow factor, thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com