Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Travels


Hello and welcome to my Wednesday post for Isabella's Sketchbook. This week our challenge theme is Summer Fun. And what could be more fun in the summer than the annual summer vacation. So I am celebrating my week in Key West with this Happy Travels card.
I used the Suitcase Stack digital image from Isabella's Sketchbook. I just love the retro flair it has to it. I stamped the Creamy Caramel panel with the large palm tree from the SU Balmy Breezes set (retired) in Chocolate Chip and Versamark and then clear embossed it. The DP is a very light print with many travel icons on it, a digital paper from Designer Digitals called Journey Home. I created my little luggage tag with the SU tag punch, a buckle from the Hodge Podge Hardware set and a bit of narrow grosgrain black ribbon. The Bon Voyage sentiment is computer generated and the globe stamped on it is from Crafty Secrets. The ribbon and black brads are from SU and the bottom mat on the image panel is the picket fence border punch from Martha Stewart.

I hope you will stop by the challenge blog and maybe even enter this week. All you need to do is use an Isabella's image and follow the challenge theme. You have a great chance of winning 2 of her wonderful digital images plus the gorgeous "I Won" badge for your blog! And while you are at it, stop by the DT blogs and leave them some love.

AnnikaCecDianaJackieJenniferLindaLisaPeggyPeriRandiSharonSueViv

As always, I am deeply appreciative of your stopping by and of any comments you care to leave. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Blessings & hugs,

15 comments:

Margreet said...

great card Linda......you always succeed in giving a vintage touch.love it!
xxx Margreet

Cec said...

This is so much fun and I wish my luggage looked this colourful - maybe the airlines wouldn't lose it - lol. I love the neutral background.
Hugs!
Cec

Joseline said...

Beautiful work of art Linda! Have fun in Key West!!

Annika said...

Wonderful layout and real coll retro feel. And your colouring is fab as always
hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

This is so cute, I love the colors you used! Another FABULOUS card!

~Linda

Cor* said...

Definite summer vacation luggage. is it paper pieced or colored?! Regardless, it's great.

HappyCrafter said...

Very neat travel card, I really like the warm cozy feel to it. :-)

Karin said...

Such a tough card and your colouring is great (",)
Hugs from Karin

Viv said...

"We're all going on a summer holiday...!" LOL! Love it Linda! Gorgeous colouring. Viv xx

Sharon said...

Just love this suitcase stack Linda. Had to get one too. You've done an excellent job with the colouring. Super all round! hugs

Peri said...

Wonderful as always, Linda. Love the retro feel and your layout is super!
Hugs
Peri xx

Payne Holler Cards said...

lovin this layout and those papers! your luggage is tooo Ka-YOOT!

one correction though, the challenge blog isnt offering 5 images as the prize...sorry gals

Beverly G said...

Thanks for the nice comment. Have you played around with My Digital Studio SU, that suitcase is a digi stamp in MDS, I resized it and changed the colors as I went up, pretty cool. I'm trying not to be to gushy, but I have learned a lot from your blog. Thanks again,BG♥

Sian said...

Wonderful card, great set of suitcases. Love the vintage feel to the card.

Wordbird said...

Linda...Oh my...I knew when I saw this image it would be a great one for you! ;D The vintage touch is perfect here! Beautiful card. ;D Diana Q

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com