Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Perfume From Paris



I am so excited to be the featured guest designer at City Crafter Challenge Blog this week. It's a wonderful weekly challenge that has only been around for a few weeks, but already they have a large following - most likely because they have a group of extremely talented designers on their team, have great challenges, wonderful featured guests and great prizes. What more can one ask for in a challenge blog?


This week their sponsor is Digi Doodle Shop and they were kind enough to give me a free digital image to work with. I chose the Perfume from Paris set, which actually has three gorgeous perfume bottles. I wanted to to a Paris collage so there was only room to use one, but I was so happy with the way it looks when it is colored. I used a Versamark pen to add some gold embossing and also painted the entire bottle with a mixture of LuminArte Metallic Mica Luster Pearl powder mixed with Simple Solutions Medium Acrylic solution. It paints on a lovely shimmer. The bottle was colored with Copics.


I also used a stamp from SU's Gentler Times set to clear emboss around the Chocolate Chip outer layer as well as to emboss in gold on the flap of the envelope I made. The DP is from SU's retired LeJardin paper pack. All of the ephemera was obtained from various free vintage image sites that you can find listed along the right side of my blog. I printed them on my printer and aged them with various distress inks. The beautiful brass flower button is LaMode from Jo-Ann's and I've had the French Blue crinkle ribbon in my stash for several years. I've been looking for more since then and am so delighted that it has now become readily available.

That's it for this fun little card. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much to the ladies at the City Crafter blog for inviting me to be their guest designer this week. And thank you for stopping by to check out my latest post. I sincerely appreciate your visit and if you are so inclined, please register for my blog candy by leaving a comment on the top post on my blog.

Have a great week!

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges entered:
Digi Doodle Shop - Anything Goes
Lucy's Cards - Use a Digital Image
Quirky Crafts - Girly Girl
Tuesday Taggers - Touchy, feely texture

28 comments:

Shirl said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you layered on the envelope and different vintage images... couldn't have matched the perfume bottle any better than this! :)

Willy's creations said...

Beautiful vintage card you made.

Hugs,Willy

Viv said...

This is just beautiful Linda! I love this style and the colours look fab togther! Viv xx

Unknown said...

so pretty, love all the vintage elements

Irene said...

Hi Linda

Wow another gorgeous, beautiful and fablous card. I LOVE LOVE it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Juls said...

wow this is gorgeous!! love the whole collage look you have created and the gorgeous soft colours! Hugs Juls

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! this is stunning Linda. All those beautiful little details, spent ages looking at it, right down to the gorgeous scrunched ribbon. A masterpiece hun.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lori said...

Just gorgeous. I love the collection of things. It feels like I'm sitting at a vanity in a bedroom and about to primp for an evening out. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Linda, You have out done your self.. I just love this one, so much to look at I can't even say what I like most..

Thank you so much for being our Guset Designer this week!

Hugs, Linda :)

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Ooh, Linda, this is lovely! You are my vintage inspiration! The crinkle ribbon is just delicious. :)

Cheers,
Susan

Karen said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Linda, absolutely gorgeous ! The perfume bottle is just stunning and I love the envelope as the background. Sue C x
P.S. Thank you for your lovely comments, it really does mean alot to me.

iriseyes said...

Oooh La La, Linda! So beautiful! I love your colouring on the perfume bottle, and the ephemera details are so perfectly Paris vintage. TFS!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh so pretty! I just love the envy behind your perfume bottle and how you have tied it all together with the ribbon. Just a beautiful card!

Edith said...

I love your card Linda! I love everything on it, colors, images and the beautiful ribbon:)

ellepaulette said...

Wow! This is just so lovely and elegant!!

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Hi Linda,

This card is incredibly beautiful!! DDS is sponsoring City Crafters this week,and when I came to stop by, I knew there would be beautiful creations, but this one...WOW. I can certainly understand why you have 30,000 visitors. Your work is gorgeous and very inspiring.

Hugs
Judy/DDS

Harriet H said...

OMG what a fabulous card.... and thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge blog hop this week....

Harriet

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful card so sensual have just decided that scent is also a texture! Thank you for your second entry to TT this week, 2 entries definitly worth a Tanda mention.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Woow this card is sooooo adorable..great using of DDS Images...really love your coloring the Perfume Bottle...thanks for joining with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week...hugs, Monika

Unknown said...

This is stunning I am blown away by everything you have added - wow! thanks for joining us at TT this week x

KymKreates said...

Wow!! You did a marvelous job on your project! Thanks a bunch for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and as always Good Luck!!!

KymKreates

Heather Rogers said...

Beutiful card Linda! Love that parfume bottle. Thanks so much for being our guest DT. :)

Netty said...

Terrific card. Annette

Spyder said...

Fabulous card, love it! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Girlie Girl Challenge this fortnight! Don't forget to join us next time too!
((Lyn)

PatR said...

Love your fabulous creation and thanks for joining us at TT this week.
xx

Unknown said...

AN other fab entry for TT. So much work went into this card.
hugs
Ildiko

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com