Saturday, June 19, 2010

Casing Sarah


Hello and welcome to my Saturday post for Our Creative Corner. So happy you could stop by today! I'm still hostess this week at Our Creative Corner and the challenge I dreamed up this week is Case and OCC Girl. I thought it sounded like fun and fun is what the DT had casing each other this week. I actually think I subconsciously came up with this challenge because loved Sarah Gough's card so much that I wanted an opportunity to case it. Seriously, when I first saw this beauty, my jaw just dropped! I just think the colors are absolutely gorgeous! I'm a big admirer of Sarah's work. It was a joy to case this card, both because of the lovely colors and also because Sarah took the trouble to photograph and describe the steps she took to make this complex card. I didn't so I'll refer you back to Sarah's original card to read all the steps she went through to come up with this masterpiece. Another reason I enjoyed it so was that I have been mainly using digital images lately and this was real stamping. It made me remember who much I love playing with stamps and ink!

Details: Paper - Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip. The DP is digital and I honestly don't remember which digital folder I pulled it out of. I used the same three colors of ink for distressing that Sarah used - Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip but I also used a bit of Vintage Photo too. The stamps - Build a Bauble by Prima, Script, Baroque Motiffs, Natural Beauty and Script from SU. Border punch is from Martha Stewart and I found the wonderful scrunchy lace on sale a few weeks ago at Jo-Ann. I really love it. It looks sort of a lady's garter - LOL!! The sentiment plaque is mounted on Spellbinders die cuts and I found some perfectly matching rhinestones in my stash.

I hope you will stop by Our Creative Corner and see what our wonderful DT has come up with for this challenge. Here are all the OCC girl's blogs so you can check them out and see what you want to case.

Wendy JensenDana GrothausDiane GilbertJennifer MeyerJulie LeBlancSarah GoughLori Rider

Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see what wonderful art work you will case!

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
Cardvards - Wet or Dry embossing

21 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Beautiful card, Linda! Love the color combo, all the scrolls and swirls, and the bling. Very nice CASE.

Lori said...

I am totally in in love with your colour palette on this card and the layout and softness are just wow!

Diane Gilbert said...

Beautiful job on casing Sarah's card! GORGEOUS!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Wow Linda this is just gorgeous! Love everything about it and Blue and chocolate are my FAVE color combo right now.

Unknown said...

Wow, your card is great! I love the vintage-y feel of it. Love all those yummy layers. Great job on the challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda, I love the colour combination and the ruffle down one side is just beautiful. I've left you a little something on my blog. Sue C x

Christine said...

Love everything about it!

Julie Leblanc said...

Awesome!!! need I say more:-)

Hugs, Julie...

Edith said...

Linda, this is really beautiful. I love your color palette, great mix of colors:)

cheryl said...

wow really love this totally brilliant,love cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda your card is so very pretty....I adore the combination of colors and the ribbon is scrumptious!

marsha said...

This is truly gorgeous! I love your colors and layout, and that ruffle is to die for!
Hugs, Marsha

Tanya said...

Really pretty! That scrunched lace is so cool.

Margreet said...

Hi Linda......just take a look at my blog......I have a surprise for you!
xxx Margreet

Annika said...

I know what you mean by rejoicing the actual process of stamping, I've been missing that lately as well! The card IS stunning and looks like it took a lot of work - then again, all your cards look real time and effort consuming, works of heart and art.
Hugs
Annika

raindropecho said...

Oh, Linda, that ruffled ribbon is just to die for! What a gorgeous card!

Mary Marsh said...

your card is as beautiful as the one you cased-love the lace treatment-have to check out my joann's to see what they have

Lisa said...

Oh Linda, this card is just stunning! The color, the layout, the embellies, I don't know where to begin! I was just over at Debbie's blog. Apparently casing you was a great inspiration for her! Beautiful work as always Linda!!

ellepaulette said...

Oh wow!! This card is soooo lovely!!
You did a fantastic job casing it. Love the colors and everything!!

kksb said...

Beyond stunning! Both cards are wonderful. Love the colors. TFS

Sian said...

Stunning card, love the colours, the embossing and the ribbon is gorgeous.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com