Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Simply Spooky

Good morning, just a quick post with a very simple tag that I did for the Halloween challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.  I had to abort my planned project because I wasn't happy with the way it came out.  I tried to do one of those awesome mixed media pieces where you cover everything with gesso.  Well, mine came out AWFUL!!  It's now residing in the trash can in my craft room :(  In desperation, I pulled out a jumbo tag and the new Mini Halloween 4 set and did some simple stamping.  Some distress inks (including a shot of a new spray distress stain) and a few quick and easy embellishments resulted in this tag.  Nothing difficult, no details necessary.  Thumbnails below will take you to the various products used on this tag. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please stop by Frilly and Funkie to see some real Halloween art.  



These products were used to make the above tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tim Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

10 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Love it!!! You're an absolute star for getting this created. Hope you get the chance to start something new with the gesso. Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

You might call it simple Linda, but to me it looks brilliant! Love it, great elements, wonderfully put together!

Juliz Design Post said...

Your tag still looks spooktacular Linda and you did make me laugh about your disaster. I just can't imagine super talented designers this happening to, just shows were all the same lol
Julie x

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great spooky make, good luck with the gesso at another time. sorry for the lack of comments but life has other plans for me at the moment and is keeping me busy! so sorry x

Pam said...

I love it! Simple, yet brilliant!

Pam said...

I love it! Simple, yet brilliant!

Maryanne said...

I think it looks wonderful, Linda! Sometimes going back to basics is the best!

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm really diggin' (get it? cemetery pun) the dry embossed spiderweb with the stamped spider! I too have laid many to rest in the cylindrical file, but I'm really loving this tag!
Happy weekend and thank you for the VERY speedy order at your boutique.
Hugs,
Lisa x

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I make bookmarks, but haven't in a few months. This inspires me to get back at it. Thanks!

sarascloset said...

Oh, Linda! You have certainly tickled my funny bone with your craft disaster! Happens to the best of us, I guess! I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think, but I'm so happy you came up with this wonderful Plan B! It just screams Halloween! Thanks for the treat!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com