Monday, October 20, 2014

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #4


Hello friends!  I'm back to share my week #4 inspiration piece for The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  But first I want to send a big thank you hug to everyone who has played along so for.  I know it's still far from Christmas and it's hard to get into the mood.  A huge thank you to everyone who has started to play along.  And I hope to see even more of you linking up this week.

This week I went very country/homespun with a simple stenciling and then used the Christmas Chalk stamp set from Artistic Outpost, which I thought coordinated so perfectly with the Tim Holtz Festive stencil.  I probably spent 30 minutes carefully masking off different ares of this stencil and meticulously stenciling the lovely design on this stencil - and then covered most of it up - LOL!

I started with one of my jumbo manila tags and masking taped my stencil over the tag and onto my craft sheet.  Then I masked off everything that wasn't the color that I was going to be stenciling.  That's what took most of the time.  The stenciling was done with Evergreen Bough, Gathered Twigs and Barn Door.  I love the way it came out - very simple by very charming.  I should have a taken a quick photo of it before I covered it up!  I did the stamping of the frame, sentiment and decorations onto another tag with the same colors of inks.  I wanted it to match.  I used distress markers to color the stamp at the top since I only wanted part of the stamp to be stamped.  So much easier than having to mask the area.

I added very simple ink edging after trimming the edges with pinking shears.  I though the red and green edging gave it more of the country style look.  I dug deep in my stash and came up with the red gingham ribbon and the red jumbo rick arc - perfect for the look I was going for.

That's it for this week.  I hope the simplicity of this week's tag will give you at least one or two things to inspire you.  Can't wait to see what you will make!  And if you are new to the challenge, check out week #1 post for all the do's and don'ts of this challenge.








The following products were used to make this tag and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Another lovely tag! I'll work on mine later this week. Thanks for the inspiration! Jen

Jane said...

I loved the primative/homely look of your great tag Linda and that bright red border. Thanks for another super inspirational tag I really enjoyed making my card x

Lisa Minckler said...

Couldn't think of a more fun challenge! Thanks so much Linda. Your work is truly inspiring.
hugs,
Lisa x

Jenny Marples said...

I adored the stencilling on this one and that homespun feel. Thank you again for the inspiration. Jenny x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com