Monday, October 27, 2014

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #5


Another week, another of my 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  It's Tag #5 this week.  I'm so glad to see some of my long time players joining in again this year!  Thanks so much to everyone who has linked up their creations so far.  If you are new to this challenge, it goes on until December 21s and you can play in any order at any time.  You just have to have your holiday projects linked up by December 21st.  You can find all the challenge requirements in this post and I hope you'll play along.

This week I started with of my jumbo manila tags and swiped it with Weathered Wood distress stain.  I went over it a couple of times until the coverage was good.  When dry, the Tim Holtz Rays stencil was used to stencil Wendy Vecchi silver embossing paste.  A piece of white card stock was cut with the On the Edge Star Cluster die, colored with Brushed Pewter distress stain and then glittered with Pumice Stone distress glitter.  It was glued on the edge so it looks like the silver rays are streaming from the stars.

The Festive Gent die was used to cut a black card stock silhouette.  I used Brushed Pewter distress stain on my finger to lightly brush it on the star lit site of the silhouette so it looks like that side of him is being lit by starlight.  I also brushed a light touch of brushed pewter on the star lit edge of the Merry Christmas, which was cut with the new Holiday Words: Script Thinlits die.  To finish it off, a strip of snowflakes was cut with the Holly, Beaded and Snowflake Garland decorative strip die and colored with Brushed Pewter distress stain.

I know this was a fairly simple tag, but I really like the way it came out.   I hope that you can find something in it to inspire you to play along with me for week #5.









These products were used to make the above tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Wendy Vecchi and most other name brand products are always 20% off MSRP.



17 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Stunning design and tag! Simple it is not... Love the rays, stars and that brilliant touch of silver on your black die cut image. Fantastic!

Viv said...

Fantastic as always Linda - just a perfect Christmas tag! x

Karen B. said...

Wow, our tag is so beautiful. I just love it.

Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Maryanne said...

I love this tag, Linda! I've always loved the Gentleman and the way the rays hit him is great!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tag Linda , I love the silver and the glittered stars . Lovely design. Tracy x

Marci said...

I love this! Stunning!

Lisa Minckler said...

I agree with Suzanne...it's not simple, but it looks so clean and crisp. This is going to be a fun challenge. Absolutely LOVE the color theme you chose here Linda. It's GORGEOUS!!

mamablitger said...

Linda your jumbo tag is amazing. Love the colors and the glitter. You created a lovely Christmas tag in an elegant way !!!
Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs Monica... Spain

Kirsten said...

Wow! Stunning tag!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!! I totally thought the picture was in black and white...so cool to use these tones! OMG...just a gorgeous WOW!!!

Robin said...

This is very different and quite lovely. I really like the color scheme and use of the stencil and star border. What a great tag!!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely tag, love it!
Didn't know it was a challenge, although I did see several posts in my feed about with "tag# "in the title. Unfortunately no time to enter, but I'm happy to enjoy your artworks!

craftytrog said...

I love this sparkly monochrome tag Linda! My craft room & I are well & truly glittered now! Lol!
Alison xxx

Anneke said...

Wonderful tag. Really love it. Beautiful background Anneke.

Darlene G said...

Very festive. Love the tag.

Jen said...

Wow! This is a stunning tag Linda!! It's my favorite so far. I'm all caught up now on your challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!
Jen

Hettie said...

I know I am too late to join in but I am carrying on anyway. Just posted my No 5 up today and would love if you could pop over as I love it - thanks for the inspiration Linda.
xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com