Monday, October 6, 2014

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #2


Hello and welcome back to Week #2 of The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  I'm excited to  have had a chance to play with a Wendy Vecchi style tag this week.  I have some lovely new Wendy products in the boutique and was fortunate to be able to grab some out of inventory for my very own!  As always, I started with one of the jumbo manila tags from my store and stenciled using Wendy's Checkmate stencil and Pine Needles DI.  While my stencil still had the Pine Needles DI on it, I misted it and then used it to mono print the watery pattern onto the upper section of the tag.  

Next the Christmas tree shaped sentiment from the Wendy Vecchi Holiday Art set was stamped using Jet Black archival.  Then I inked up the Christmas tree stamp with Pine Needles DI and stamped it over the sentiment.  Using Vermillion archival ink, I stenciled Merry Christmas randomly using the For the Holidays Stamp it Stencil It set.  The bow and the WISH sentiment from License Plate art were both stamped with Vermillion archival ink and then embossed with Wendy's new Red Geranium embossing powder and the trimmed out.  
The poinsettia was made using shapes cut with both the Mini Poinsettia and the Tattered Poinsettia dies.  The red leaves were inked with Vermillion (because that's what I had, but Wendy's Red Geranium ink would have worked better) and then embossed with Wendy's Red Geranium embossing powder.  The green leaves were inked with Pine Needles and clear embossed.  Once embossed, I used a spatter stamp and Snow Cap pigment ink to create Wendy's technique of faux graniteware.  

I finished off the tag with a little Wendy style doodling and a couple of gumdrops and a plastic "crystal" snowflake from my shop.  
That's it for tag #2 friends.  What do you think?  Can you find something to inspire you so you can play along?  If you are new to the challenge, please check out the Tag #1 post for all the requirements. Than make something Christmas or winter-related and link it up.  You have until midnight Eastern Time on December 21st to complete all 12 tags.  You can complete them any time in any order - you just have to have them linked by the deadline.  



These items were used to make the tag above and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Wendy Vecchi and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.








13 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

WOO HOO!!! You're off and running. The incredible Vechi elements with your touch have given me so many ideas. Cannot wait to see what this inspires for everyone.
Thank you Linda
hugs,
Lisa x

wendy vecchi said...

lots of details add up to make it...
FABULOUS!
puts me in the holiday spirit!

Jenny Marples said...

That's just awesome Linda! I love every inch of this one. Jenny x

Wilma said...

Hi Linda
Saw your blog on Wendy V. facebook.
Wow, you are making beautiful things.
I'm going to follow you, love your style!
With love from the Netherlands.

craftytrog said...

Love the sparkle on this one Linda!
Alison xxx

Darlene G said...

What a great tag. I love it.

Suzanne C said...

Love it! Didn't have the same set but was inspired by all the beautiful details!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Linda, love the colours and use of the new embossing powders too. Love country feel to this. Tracy x

Jane said...

Another great tag Linda, I loved the shiny poinsettia and used this in my inspiration for this week x

Unknown said...

Another fabulous tag!! I like the checkerboard stamp on the bottom along with the poinsettias.
Jen

Heather said...

Hi Linda...I am just sitting here trying to find some inspiration to create a tag...and alter a piece of chipboard...when I thought I will head on over to Linda's blog...just to see her tags. I always talk about playing along in other peeps challenges...then get to busy...but I am telling myself I REALLY have to play along with yours. I know I am not much of a "commenter"...but thought I would leave one today :0) Love all works!
I love your Challenge blog too...right up my ally....Hugs!! Hope to link up a tag soon.
Heather

Hettie said...

Great Tag Linda. I love the way you make me think outside the box a little. I don't think I have used Pine Needles as much as I have on this one. I am sure I would have binned this if it wasn't for your inspiration!
Hugs
xx

Unknown said...

Oh Boy am I glad that I have my new WV stamps & stencils from the Funkie Junkie Boutique :) ;) I got to use them for my tag #2 :) So fun!! Thanks for your inspiration, Linda!! XOXO-Shari

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com