Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fall Colors

It's time again to kick off another challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.  Sue is our hostess this fortnight and she wants us to celebrate the advent of autumn by making a vintage style project featuring fall colors.  And so, yet again, I have another autumn inspired project to share with you.  This week it's a card.  I pulled out some Wendy Vecchi stencils and stamps plus several shades of distress inks and started stenciling.  The sentiment was stamped with Gathered Twigs and polka dots were added with Mustard Seed.  It was die cut with a label die from the new Labels thinlits.  

My sunflower was made with crinoline and cut out with the Tattered Florals die.  You can see my tutorial here for further instructions on creating the sunflower with crinoline.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



These products were used to make the above ard.  They can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger produces are always 20% below MSRP.

4 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant card Linda, and I absolutely LOVE how you did that sunflower!!! Wow, I may have to case that at some point soon....

Maryanne said...

What a great Fall card, Linda! I love the colors and your sunflower is beautiful!

Jenny Marples said...

So different and brilliantly stamped Linda. Love the way this all works with one of your fabulous crinoline flowers. Jenny x

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I adore this card Linda! The contemporary version that smacks of design from the early 1800's. It's so elegant, classic yet contemporary. Quite an accomplishment!! hugs, Rebecca

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com