Sunday, October 5, 2014

Simple Beauty


Hello and welcome friends and new followers!  I'm back to share my weekly DT make for Artistic Outpost.  This tag was so much fun to make.  I broke out a new Prima stencil and for the first time used the new Tim Holtz Texture Paste.  Starting with my favorite jumbo manila tag, I stenciled on the Texture Paste.  When the paste was try, I blended Crushed Olive and Rusty Hinge distress inks over the entire tag and then randomly stamped the post card stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds with Jet Black archival ink.  Next, Vintage Photo ink was blended over the high points of the texture paste and  spritz and flick was splattered with water.  

The leaves from Old Grist Mill were stamped in Jet Black archival and fussy cut.  Then Orange Blossom and Olive archival inks were sponged on to add color before I applied Crackle Accents.  
Three tiny tags were cut with the Tiny Tabs and Tags die, laid together and stamped with the leaf stamp, then stamped with the sentiment stamp.  I finished them off with some inking, burlap string and a bronze brad.  

That's it for this week's Artistic Outpost post.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.








The items below were used to make this tag and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tim Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

5 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

STUNNING!!! The background looks amazing (am loving the look of that Prima stencil). Love the way you have finished it too, those leaves look so gorgeous!!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Beautifully made! I love, love, love the Autumn colours and leaves. Great stencil!

Anneke said...

Wonderful background. Beautiful autumn tag. Love the composition of this tag. Anneke.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful tag ... I like all the details and the sentiment is one to remember. Elizabeth xx

Aspiring crafter said...

What a fabulous autumn tag with a sentiment to remember,
XxxRuth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com