Saturday, October 29, 2011

Library Card Fold Christmas Cards


Happy Saturday.  Welcome to my post for Our Creative Corner.  I hope your weekend is off to a super start!  Our challenge theme this week at Our Creative Corner is Fancy Folds and it is brought to us by one of our newest design team members Tui Nathan.  Wow, did I ever struggle with this one.  It's been on my mind all week and I've been looking around for ideas, spent some time on SplitCoastStampers and actually had another project picked out.  But I just couldn't get going on it.  I ended up on  Mirkwood Designs looking for templates (just print it, trace it and cut it out) which is where I found this one for a library card pocket.  I decided to make a set of vintage image Christmas cards with the pocket. The tags measure 2 3/4 by 4 1/4 inches.  
Red is my favorite color and I just really enjoyed working on these little gems.  I'm going to list supplies rather than give a blow by blow of how I created this.  If you want more details, just ask.
Paper/CS:  Very Vanilla, Real Red, Cosmo Cricket "Hey, No Peeking"  Accessories: MS Snowflake border puch, Tim Holtz Rosette Die, red burlap from my Etsy boutique, White Venise Lace heart from my Etsy shop and painted red by hand.    Felt and Cuttlebug dies - Ice Crystal and Snowflakes #2, Crystal Effects, Buttons, border doily from my Etsy Boutique, SU embossing folder, red burlap thread from my Etsy boutique, red ric rac, PTI Button card die, Seam binding - hand dyed red.  

Images:  Vintage images from LunaGirl, Library Card from PaperTrey InkAfter I got the tag made, I realized that due to the embossing, there really wasn't much of a place to write or add a greeting.  So I thought it would be cute to actually make a library card (stamp from PTI) and affix it to the back of the tag to write on.  That sums it up for this challenge.  I sure hope you decide to join our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend!



25 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Absolutely stunning, that is all I have to say!
Smiles:)

Judy said...

Fabulous! Love the red and cream and how you embellished all the pockets.

Nancy Wethington said...

Linda, these are so beautiful!

Pam said...

This are stunning! I adore them.

Sarah said...

such a wonderful red and great design! I feel all festive...

Conniecrafter said...

These are all fantastic!! Love all the details, and the images are so sweet!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great project! I love how uniquely embellished each one is, yet they clearly are a set. The rosette was a very clever way to get extra 'fancy folds' in there. Love your colors and papers, Linda.

DeeDee Catron said...

Linda -- how funny is it that I just ordered some library cards of my own for something VERY similar?

These are gorgeous -- I never leave enough comments on your posts but I'm sure they all sound like some little fan girl screaming your name.. lol.

The red and cream in here is so stunning -- and I love all of your vintage findings and handmade embellies! great great work!

Vicki Burdick said...

These are absolutely wonderful Linda, I LOVE them!!! Why is it I want everything you make?!!:)

Ginger Hanchey said...

Linda - these are gorgeous! I love them. Such a creative idea and so unique.

Lori Rider said...

These are gorgeous, Linda - just beautiful! Those images make amazing vintage Christmas cards and I love the pocket design. Wonderful job on the challenge!

Darlene G said...

Wow, I love your tags.

ARACELI said...

ESTA PRECIOSO,ESPERO NO TE IMPORTE QUE HAGA ALGUNO COMO LOS TUYOS. POR QUE ME HE QUEDADO IMPRESIONADA DE ESTA MARAVILLA.. UN SALUDO DE UNA SEGUIDORA TUYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tui Nathan said...

Wowweee .... just super Linda, I would never have thought you struggled with these ... they are simply masterful creations, I love too that you created a set cos what a wonderful thoughtful awesome gift set ... and how cute are those vintage images ... love em to pieces ... in fact I love everything about this project ... brilliant and inspirational!!! Thank you ...

Susan (rainy) said...

These are wonderful! Love this beautiful design... And the addition of the library cards on the back of the tags was a perfect solution!

Grethe said...

Love your cards!!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous Linda love the colours and the vintage images, absolutely great xx

Kathy said...

These cards are beautiful -What a great idea! i would love to have the details-step by step and measurments. You certainly take papercrafting to aother level.

Mary Marsh said...

These are really beautiful Linda-love all 4 of them-thanks for some great ideas

Audhild said...

Amazing! I love everything about this card - the images are so cute og your embellishments look fab!

Sharon Wheet said...

Linda,
WOW! you always do such beautiful work! I'm a big fan of the library pocket card, too. And my favorite color is red, too! YOu always make the simplest thing fancy!
Great cards! and beautifully embellished.
have a great week!
hugs, sharon

Brandi said...

These are gorgeous! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda, these are gorgeous! I would have never guessed that you struggled to create them. You always create the most awesome works of art, with the most beautiful details. The red is so striking! Hope you are off to a great week so far! Hugs! :)

Holly Barrett said...

Really sweet, Linda. I like that you did four versions on a theme of red and ivory. I hope you have a great week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the abundance of red, and each one is just a work of art. My favorite is the one with the sheet music! Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com