Saturday, October 1, 2011

Autumn Marigold

Happy Saturday ya'll.  I'm back this morning with a little make for Our Creative Corner.  I want to pull back a bit from my Christmas tags and focus on autumn today.  Today is officially World Card Making Day and our hostess, Lori Rider, has challenged us to make something that takes inspiration from a country other than our own.  I don't own many international stamps and although I could have gone in search of a vintage image for this project, I decided I wanted to stamp.  I did have a couple of French stamps, at least I think the script stamp is French.  And I did find a wonderful vintage French ledger page on the Graphics Fairy site.  I'm really in the autumn mood and wanted to do something with traditional fall colors so I used the ledger paper and went from there using the colors for this week's CR84FN challenge of yellow, orange and brown.
The marigold was made from crinoline cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and three colors of distress ink:  Wild Honey, Dried Marigold and Rusty Hinge.  I dyed and layered the flower together and secured it with a pretty head pin and glass pearl.  The leaves are the Tattered Leaves die with a script stamp and a few colors of distress inks sponged on with a few flicks of water droplets for interest.  The butterflies were cut with an SU die and sponged with distres inks.  The green and craft  paper twist is from my Etsy shop - love that stuff.  Oh, and I did stamp a leafy flourish with an Inkadinkado stamp in Frayed Burlap with a bit of water misted on it.  The sentiment is from Verve.

That's it - short and sweet for this week.  Hope you like it and that it inspires you to join in our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner.  Stop by and see what the other designers have to inspire you too.










Other Challenges Entered:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Vintage
Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge - Autumn Colors
The Stamp Man - A Perfect Pear (mine's a perfect pair)

32 comments:

Leigh said...

Beautiful. I love the colours you've used Linda and all the gorgeous elements have come together fabulously.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Linda, Autumn colours are my favourite. Love how you've used the script stamp and the splashes of water add that perfect touch. Sue C x

Marjie Kemper said...

Looks fantastic, Linda! Your crinoline flower layers are amazing. All the rich stamping adds so much depth. LOVE it.

Kat said...

what a lovely creation,great butterfiy
you nailed the autumn theme,
Thanks for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge,
Kat.

Marie said...

What a lovely French, Autumn card. The flower is awesome. Thanks for plsying along at CR84FN

Patti P. said...

Linda, this is so gorgeous. I love Fall and all it's glory, so your card certainly spoke to me. tfs

Sharon Wheet said...

WOW! Linda! simply gorgeous! I love the graphics fairy downlonad. How fitting! and those die cut leaves are perfect. YOU rocked this challenge, and CR84FN color challenge! I simply LOVE your card :)

Lisa Elton said...

Love this charming autumn card Linda! The leaves are so pretty and the flower GORGEOUS!

craftytrog said...

A stunning Autumn card Linda! Thanks for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge
Alison x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning design Linda! Love your inspiration and the autumn theme behind your creation!

Big hugs,
Jennifer :)

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is really fabulous - lovely papers, super stitching and a great flower. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Stunning card Linda! The fall foliage looks fabulous and that blossom is amazing! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Christine said...

This is stunning!

Lisa Minckler said...

Your card is truly autumn and country authentic. I love your marigold. I just bought a huge basket of them for the porch and they don't look nearly as good as yours. I'd much rather have yours displayed on my porch!
Lisa xx

Dianne said...

Gorgeous and elegant card. Love the autumn colors.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

rudlis said...

Your card is just gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.
Hugs,
Rudlis

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Linda!! I just love the script on the leaves, the fall colors, and the stunning flowers!!

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful card and the colours are stunning!!
Thanks for joining us in The Artistic Stamper Challenge.
Emma x

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this is amazing Linda, I really love the autumn colours and the autumn feel to your card, the flower is absolutely gorgeous and I love the leaves and all the distress inking ... so very beautiful and oh so "magnifique"!!!

jude said...

This absolutely beautiful.Love all the Autumn colours.Just to let you know the links to our creative corner link back to your blog
hugs judex

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful Autumn card, love the colors in your leaves and the script background on them, lovely flower!

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower. Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper :)
xoxo Sioux

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Happy (belated) World Card Making Day! Your card is gorgeous, and the colors are so perfectly autumn! This layout is fairly CAS...yet of course you added your shabby/vintage flair- distressing, patterns and texture. Have a great week!

Ellie Knol said...

Love the card, love the colors! Everything is just gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
I know who thw winner's gonna be this week at FSC, as far I am concerned!
xx Ellie

Terry said...

The Autumn colors in your card are so stunning and so is that flower! Beautiful creation! Thank you so much for joining us at fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Sue Lelli said...

STUNNING, Linda! LOVE the text on the leaves and the GORGEOUS flower you created! Takes my breath away! THX for playing with us at CR84FN! Also loved reading about your non-profit work. Good for YOU and the people you help!

Brenda Brown said...

Thanks for adding your pair of leaves and butterflies to the Stamp Man challenge Karen, they are gorgeous. Thanks also for joining the Stampettes at FSC I love the vintage effect you have achieved.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card Linda! I love the French elements you incorporated and you really captured the feeling of fall. Stunning work on the challenge!

Alison Horne said...

WOW.x

Vicki Burdick said...

this is amazing Linda, I soooo LOVE your crinoline flowers!!! Sorry I am so behind with my commenting lately!!!

Hanne said...

Such a beautiful card Linda. Lots of nice work since my last visit:)
Hanne

Fliss said...

This is just gorgeous Linda. Love the background, the lovely leaves and that stunning flower.
Thanks for joining Fashionable Stamping's vintage challenge and hope to see you again.
Fliss x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com