Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #5

Good morning friends, followers, visitors - welcome!  Thanks for stopping by.  I have this week's tag for my 12 Tags of Christmas challenge to share with you today, but first I want to thank everyone who has been playing along.  I'm so excited to see people actually joining in and what wonderful art you are sharing!  If you are new to the challenge, no problem.  You have until December 15th at midnight Eastern time to complete all 12 of the challenges.  You can do them in any order and at any time, but for the prize drawing at the end of the challenge, you must have entered all 12 challenges.  You can read the complete requirements on the Week #1 post here.


For my Tag #5, I took inspiration from Tim Holtz's tag from Day#7 2010 with the canvas poinsettia.  For the tag base, I used Tim's Perfect Distress technique (page 38 in Compendium of Curiosities) and the wings from his Regal Flourish set.  It's the first time I have tried this technique and it worked great.  I used Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls and you can see from the side shot above how the Perfect Pearls adhered to the stamping ink - very cool.  I sponged the Very Vanilla tag with Frayed Burlap distress ink first.

I was also inspired by Lisa's fabulous milk carton entry and the way she used NOEL.
The JOY stamp is a very old set from Stampin'Up! stamped in Versamark and embossed with Detail Gold embossing powder.  For this '25' I used Tim Holtz's BINGO texture fade and cut the 25 out of the embossed BINGO card.  I used a Versamark marker to go over the embossed parts and then more detail gold EP.  The other thing I did was to take the tiny bright brass flowers and color them with a black Copic.  Before the ink was dry, I rubbed it off with my finger, leaving the black in the recessed parts which tones it down and makes it look antiqued.  You can find the hardware I used in my Etsy boutique.  


That's it for tag #5.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you will decide to play along.  






14 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Wow Linda this is one gorgeous Tag, so much to take from this one.
Smiles:)

ednamburgess said...

Very pretty card. May just try one like it. Edna

marsha said...

WOW Linda, this is stunning! I LOVE your flower and how creative to use the bingo card! You never cease to amaze me!
Hugs,
Marsha

Laura said...

Oh wow, that's a beauty.Love the letter stamps. And the embossing. And the little flowers.....and a versamark pen???? I didn't know they had such a thing. I'll be looking for that next time I'm shopping.
Thanks for all the inspiration.
Laura

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...I am giddy!
Beautiful details and arrangement Linda. I'm, yet again, inspired by your creativity!
Can't wait to get started on #5. :D
Super sweet to see that I was able to inspire you as well...thank you!
See you back here soon. :D
Lisa xx

Shelly Hickox said...

I can't believe I still haven't done one of these challenges! Maybe this week - I have been so inspired by your tags!

I have to say, the way you used the bingo card is sheer genius. Really cool idea!!

Conniecrafter said...

So very elegant, and love how you antiqued the flowers!

Lori said...

I'm so loving these tags, Linda! That flower is GORGEOUS!

jude said...

Wow that is stunning hun absolutely love everything about especially the antique feel.
Received goodies today from your Esty shop absolutely fab thanks for some reason wouldnt let me leave feedback will try again tomorrow but thought id let you know they arrived safely
thanks again for such fab service and excellent quality goodies
hugs judex

Unknown said...

Wow Linda it is hard to have a fav but I think this one has it absolutely gorgeous I had better get a move on, sorry for leaving this here but using a different computer, my parcel came and I luv the contents, Thanks very much.
Chris x

Lisa Minckler said...

You really gave me a challenge on this one, but I did it. Can't disappoint the kiddos and not have a carton for day 5! LOL
Thanks again for a fantastic challenge. :)
Lisa xx

Kate Yetter said...

Awesome tag! This one was hard for me but I finally completed one! Your tags are great inspiration and motivation!
Kate
Ps: I really thing you should go for it and add that german scrap to your store.

Jen said...

Love the gold on your beautiful tag! I'll have to try making a 25 like you did, thanks for the tutorial. Love your white flower too.

Jen :)

DeeDee Catron said...

Linked that baby up!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com