Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Harvest of Gratitude


Good morning and happy weekend.  It's hard to believe that it is Saturday again.  Where did the week go?  And it's time once again for Saturday's Our Creative Corner challenge.  This week Lori Rider is our hostess again and she has a fall color challenge for us.


These are Stampin' Up! colors and if you don't have them, just get as close as you can to the color requirements.  I don't have Pool Party so I used the old Soft Sky and the only place I could work it in was for the stamping in the circle.  I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch.


These are great fall colors and I felt like making a fall card, but when I sat down to get started, I found that what I really wanted to do was to make a Halloween card with orange and black.  Every idea I came up with required orange and black, nothing was coming to mind for these colors - no stamps, no vintage images, no embellishment ideas, nothing - yuck, my mojo was stuck.  It took me a lot longer than it should have to come up with this and I'm not thrilled with it. (Update:  After sitting here looking at it on my desk all day, I've decided that I do like it - it grew on me and I'm glad I plowed on through to the end.)  It's better than the first "draft" version which was without the buttons and the leaves.  The leaves helped pep it up a bit, but the down side was that they covered up that wonderful piece of burlap.

I used my Wendy Vecchi gingham stamp from Nature's Art (great set, it also has that wonderful Wendy butterfly) a lot on this card - obviously for the Really Rust gingham.  I also stamped the leaves with Old Olive and the gingham stamp plus the tiny leaf that I covered with Crystal Effects was also stamped with the W.V. gingham stamp.  Inks used are Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Old Olive and Soft Sky.  The papers are all SU, the stamps are a mix of SU, Inkadinkado and Pink Paislee.  The crocheted lace, the burlap thread and the wide burlap are all from my Etsy shop.

That's pretty much it.  For a card that took 4 hours, I don't have a lot to say about it.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  And thanks so much for stopping by and for any comment you care to leave.  I hope you are planning to scurry on over to Our Creative Corner to enter your fall card with these colors on it.  There's lots of mojo floating around over there that you can grab too!


Other Challenges Entered:
The Stamp Man - Circle It
Sweet Stampin Challenge - In Stitches

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning Linda love all these colours together and beautiful design.
Chris x

Nancy Wethington said...

Linda, this is really beautiful. Those colors! And your design work is divine!

Patti P. said...

Linda, you should be thrilled with this! I think it is just stunning. Love the rustic, vintage look you have achieved and I saw that burlap right away!! Your gingham stamp is the bomb. It makes such a beautiful backdrop on your cards. Beautiful job with this one!

Darlene G said...

Beautiful card, as always.

nessy said...

wow this is stunning ~ beautifully made!!
vanessa xx

Marjie Kemper said...

I love your card, Linda, especially how you used the required blue in that small amount in the circle. Plus your beautiful thread/fiber... I find myself reaching for my stash of that all the time lately. I know it stinks when it takes so long and you don't love it, but trust me.... to the rest of us, this looks grand.

Cheryl said...

Stunning card! I love how all the elements work so beautifully together.

Vicki Burdick said...

gorgeous fall harvest card Linda, love the gingham paper and all the leaves!!!

Tui Nathan said...

Your card is fabulous Linda ...love the leaves, they look so real and rustic looking, and the twine and burlap is just divine ... love it all ...oh, and the subtle hint of blue in your bird image ... simply superb!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love the rustic fell and the gingham, may need to acquire that set ! Sue C x

coldwaters2 said...

Linda this is stunning, those wonderful colours, all the fabulous elements, this is truly a work of art and beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Well, Linda, I think this was 4 hours very well spent! Wow! I don't know how you always seem to combine the perfect mix of details every time! I had to go back about four times to make sure I didn't miss anything. Your creations are always such incredible works of art. I would love to see your stamp space...I bet it is chock full of creative treasure. You always share such awesome embellishments! Hope your weekend was great! Hugs! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, what a beautiful card! Wonderful colours and love the Autumnal feel to the card. Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin'. Sarah

Payne Holler Cards said...

4 hours! great day - it would have taken me 4 DAYS!! turned out beautifully...glad you kept working on it (-:

Rachel said...

What a stunning creation! I love all the texture. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card Linda! I love how you used the colors. The leaf accents are the perfect touch!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com