Saturday, October 15, 2011

Crinoline Chrysanthemums


Happy Saturday friends!  Welcome to the weekend and to the weekly Our Creative Corner challenge.  I'm so glad you decided to visit me today.  I'm excited to share this fun card with you.  Marjie Kemper is the hostess this week at Our Creative Corner and she has a supply challenge for us.  Marjie says she likes supply challenges because it encourages her to use new and different supplies and I definitely agree!  Her supply challenge is transparencies.  What fun - I used transparencies (I usually call it acetate) and alcohol inks - a match made in heaven.  Just dot a bit of alcohol ink on a felt applicator and apply to the acetate.  It makes a really cool design.  I'm still in my fall kick and had to use the acetate to make some leaves (mine's from an upcycled package-I never throw that stuff out any more).  And then I decided to design one more fall crinoline flower so I chose a chrysanthemum in a wonderful rusty shade.

Here is the photo I used to design mine.


I was so happy with the way my crinoline one came out!  I'm also entering this card into two other challenges.  I used the sketch from Mojo Monday and the photo inspiration challenge from The Shabby Tea Room.

Just a few deets:  I heat embossed a flourish leaf pattern on the bottom panel on Really Rust CS and then sponged with Close to Cocoa ink.  The green dotted DP is digital from Raspberry Road, printed on my home printer and embossed with the Cuttlebug Morroccan Screen EF.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!  The rust colored burlap thread is from my Etsy shop and the stick pin is something I made, similar ones can be found in my Etsy shop.  If you just have to have that one, let me know - it can be arranged :)  The scallop die used for the top panel is from PaperTrey Ink.  If I missed anything and you have a question, just leave it in the comments or email me privately.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Your comments are so encouraging and I truly appreciate them!  I hope you will stop by Our Creative Corner to see what the rest of the team is up to.  Please go by their blogs and leave them some love too!  Have a wonderful weekend.







P. S.  I'm working on a papercrafting kit featuring my fall crinoline flowers - sunflower, marigold and chrysanthemum.  Check back here later today if you would like the details and to reserve one.  They should be ready to mail out mid week next week.

Other Challenges:
Charisma Cardz - In Stitches
Gingersnaps Spicy Supply Challenge - Alcohol Inks
PaperPals - Thanksgiving, Autumn, Halloween or Harvest theme
Stampin' for the Weekend - The Colors of Autumn

31 comments:

nessy said...

wow ~this card is just stunning ~beautfully made ~love it all!!
vanessa xx

Elizabeth said...

Stunning card - love the colours and the acetate leaf is just gorgeous - thanks for giving details on how you did this. Elizabeth x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda, the colours are absolutely beautiful. The stick pin colours are stunning too as are your acetate leaves ! Sue C x

Ellie Knol said...

This is such a stunning piece... what is crinoline?

Pam said...

This card is stunning! i love the acetate leaf & the flower is gorgeous. I definately am checking back on those kits. Just in love with this!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card Linda and your flower is stunning. Enjoy the weekend. Tracy x

Unknown said...

Stunning Linda that flower has the real wow factor and the colours are gorgeous, a stunning card.
Chris x

Marjie Kemper said...

Such a beautiful card, Linda! The diecut leaves stained with AIs are a great tribute to what you can do with transparencies and your crinoline flower is just drop dead gorgeous. I love the little bit of meshy fiber peeking out under the Give Thanks tag and how your own fiber ties it all together on top. Have a great day!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it! and count me in for your flower kit - they are awesome flowers and I cant figure out how to do them (-:

Esther said...

Wow, so absolutely stunning and gorgeous!!!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love your leaves and flower!

ednamburgess said...

Your fall card is beautiful. Love all the things you've done with it. Edna

Michelle Gray said...

OMGosh! Absolutely gorgeous card. Love what you did for the challenge. Do you have a tutorial for the flower? I'd like to make a label pin like it for the various seasons. TFS!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card! Such great colors and very cool use of the transparancies! Love it!
Sandra

coldwaters2 said...

Wowww Linda this is awesome that flower the colours and design are awe-inspiring, love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda!!! I love everything about this card,,,The perfect fall card :-)Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... Linda those flowers are "to die for", I love both styles - the coloured acetate as well and the gorgeous crinoline ... I love your creativity and your style just blows me away ... Just fabulous!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Linda, your cards are always inspiring! and this week, is the perfect example! I just love all the attention to detail! the leaves are fabulous - transparency dyed with alcohol inks! what a fabulous idea! and of course your flowers are too pretty! I love the sentiment stamped on the text paper! LOVE your card!
I saw your kits, and they are beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

Absolute work of art! The leaves are fantastic - beautiful technique!

Shannon Finch said...

Linda - this is a fabulous card. I love evertyhing about it. I've never used alcohol inks - the leaves you created are so unique and beautiful. I always enjoy your card designs - the composition and details are top notch!

Pam~ said...

Exquisite card! I love everything about this beauty!!! Thanks for joining Pals Paper Arts this week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

The alcohol ink on the acetate is just stunning- what a cool effect! Hope you have an amazing week

Christel said...

You´ve made a really cute card. Love the colors, flowers, patterned papers and the stitching. Thanks for joining Charisma cardz this week.
//Christel

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Absolutely stunning. Love what you have done with the transparencies. Thank you for entering the Gingersnaps Creations challenge.

Gram's Treasures said...

Gorgeous card and I love that crinoline flower...amazing! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Charisma.
Joyce xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Linda, what a gorgeous card. I love the amazing flower and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ok, Linda! I was smitten with this one as soon as I saw it and now I'm FINALLY here to tell you how much I adore this card! All I'm going to say is WOW! The rich fall colors on those leaves and that fabulous flower...ugh how do you do it? Thanks for the tip about hanging on to acetate packaging, also. Now I have to go check out alcohol inks. I have never played with them before but you have inspired me yet again! Hope your week has been great! Big hugs! :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful! Love the acetate leaves! Stunning!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wow Linda, those leaves are amazing and you know I LOVE the crinoline flower!!!!

SmilynStef said...

Love those fantastic leaves ... and what a rockin' flower ... so glad you joined us at Gingersnap Creations.

penny4thoughts said...

Wonderful to use alcohol ink on your acetate leaf and it looks terrific!! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com