Monday, October 24, 2011

What? Just One Color???

Good morning and happy Monday to you all.  Thanks for stopping by to check out my weekly Simon Says Stamp and Show project.  This week we want you to show us your One Color.  This was a tough one for me.  I kept wanting to stray into adding another color so badly,  not that I don't like this vintage brown.  It just seemed like everything I reached for to add was another color.  So I'm not sure how I feel about this one although it is definitely loaded with vintage style embellies.    It's destined to be either a wall hanging or a jumbo refrigerator magnet.

I started out with a nice big piece of round chipboard.  I cut out a circle of the same size and cut it into quarters.  On each quarter panel, using Vintage Photo distress ink, I stamped a background stamp, one from each of these sets:  Wendy Vecchi's Nature's ArtLive and Make ArtBelieve in Art and Artistic Outpost's Ephemera Backgrounds. Then I sewed the panels back together with a zigzag stitch and glued it over the chipboard circle.  I ink distressed it up a bit with more Vintage Photo and then randomly gold embossed the outer edges.  The ruffle is made from kraft paper twist ribbon that I stamped the Christmas Carol music from Tim Holtz's Holiday Minis 3.  The paper twist was cut in a long strip, gathered and glued to the back to form a ruffle of sorts.

The doily was colored with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and the Santa from Tim Holtz's Holiday Minis was stamped in brown with Antique Linen Distress Stickles used on his holly leaf crown.  The snowflakes were cut from vintage book pages with an older Spellbinders snowflake die set and of course ink distressed with Vintage Photo.  The crinoline and the felt were cut with the Tattered Florals die.  

I hope you will stop by the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog to see the amazing art projects my team mates have created.  And while you are there, grab some mojo and play along with us this week.  You might just be the lucky winner of the $50 randomly awarded shopping spree at Simon Says Stamp, courtesy of our very generous sponsor of the same name.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the very lovely comments that are left.
Challenges Entered:

Fashionable Stamping Challenge:  Coffee and Cream with a Hint of Dark Chocolate

20 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Gosh Linda this is so beautiful. So many different elements to it that all work so well together, you are a master!!

Irene said...

How on earth do you manage to surprise and stunn us over and over again.........this is soooooo beautiful!!!!

Irene

Candy C said...

Linda, your browns wall hanging/refrigerator magnet is a vintage masterpiece. I love how you did your circle background. Love the stamps you used as your backgrounds and how you zigzagged them together. Really a neat idea. Then all of the layers of flowers, doilies, etc. that you added to the top are perfect together. I love Tim's Santa in the center!! Beautiful job! Hugs, Candy

Gisèle said...

I love your work Linda; this is fabulous !

Pam said...

This is gorgeous! How do you do this again & again? Love your work!

Marjie Kemper said...

I think you've rocked it! Love what you did with the snowflakes and flowers. Very cool!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Linda, I really love this particularly because it is circular and I love how you cut into quarters and then stamped with different backgrounds, lovely idea and works so well. A beautiful creation. Tracy x

Conniecrafter said...

I just love this look, so cool, great vintage feel and like the snowflake for the center of the flower

Dan said...

I would never think of using brown for a Christmas piece Linda, and the fact that you've made it work so wonderfully well is a testimony to your creativity! Simply lovely :)

Joan said...

Wow, this is just wonderful !
Love the vintage look of the browns and that ruffle is fantastic.

Joan

Marlies said...

Wauw, this is a fantastic vintage creation! I love all the beautiful details!
hugs, Marlies

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Wow Linda this is beautiful love the vintage look and how you did the background. Love everything about this .

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just gorgeous! I love monochromatic themes so this is just perfect for me! Love all of your vintage touches!

Terry said...

This is stunning, Linda! Love what you created with one color! Congratulations on making Top 3 at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Lisa Minckler said...

This is monochromatically magical! Truly amazing how even with just one color, you can create so much depth and interest in a project. Perfect selections of embellishments and images. Wonderful design and yes, whatever WILL you decide to do with this? Perhaps a centerpiece to a wreath?
hugs,
Lisa

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow, what a stunning piece, Linda! I love the many textures you added to the flowers!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Linda this is outstanding, beautiful and awesome, the design, those flowers, the image and colours, I am blown away by its beauty.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, this is a wonderful piece of art, love the romantic look. Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a lot of gorgeous details!

greetings, Alie :-)

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful Linda. I recognise myself in what you wrote about using just one color!
Congratulations on making Top 3 at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!
... and thanks for joining again this time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com