Saturday, October 22, 2011

Let's Face It

Another week has come and gone and here I am again with my Saturday Our Creative Corner post.  Marjie Kemper is our hostess with the mostest again this week and her challenge for us is Faces.  She wants to see faces on our paper craft projects.    It might sound a little daunting, but it was actually very easy to find a subject.  I had it narrowed down to about four possibilities.   This one won out.  It's my absolute favorite Santa image.  I've used it in the past and will probably use it again.  I just love the color palette and the woodsy feel of it, which is why I pulled out the Distressed Stripes EF from Cuttlebug - nice and rustic.  Again this week I went to the Mojo Monday sketch to get me started.  I actually worked late on Friday night and hadn't even started a card for this challenge.  I had an idea using another image but tossed it aside at the last minute so I really was starting from scratch.  Using the sketch really simplified the project and made it pretty quick and easy.

For the distressed stripes, I used a cream colored paper called Naturals Ivory from SU and the bottom panel was stamped on the same paper with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink using the Wendy Vecchi gingham stamp from her Nature's Art set that has become a favorite of mine.  I used a strip of wide, dark brown lace and dyed my seam binding with Vintage Photo distress ink to match all the ink distressing I did with the same ink.  The corner filigree is from my Etsy shop and I have been playing around with rusting it.  So this one is quite nicely rusted (I know, it's hard to see in the photo). I used an older Spellbinders die to cut the snowflake from the corrugated cardboard that is also sold in my Etsy shop.  Oh and the dark brown burlap thread in the button is also sold in my shop.

There you have it - another Our Creative Corner challenge met.  I hope you will stop by the blog to check out what the other designers have made.  We'd love to have you play along.

POST UPDATE:  Sorry I forgot to mention that the Santa image is from a Luna Girl vintage holiday CD that I have.  It's this set, which is pretty pricy, but worth every cent.  The images are clean and sharp and beautiful!

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

30 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What an absolutley gorgeous card Linda, that image is beautiful x

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I am in awe...the colours are gorgeous and I love the snowflake...wow, trace x

Judy said...

Wow - such a beautiful card! I absolutely love the Santa image!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda, I love the vintage image and the checkered stamping. Beautifully brought together as always.
Sue C x

Judi said...

Oh Linda, this is absolutely STUNNING! I love EVERYTHING about it, especially the snowflake at the top.

Hugs

Judi x

Miriam said...

This is the essence of "shabby chic"! Where did the Santa image come from??

Kate Yetter said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the color palette.

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely stunning he is a fantastic Santa and luv the colours everything is just beautiful on this card.
Chris x

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous....love any vintage Santa, especially if YOU embellish it!

Moz said...

This has to be my favorite Christmas card I have seen so far this year, and it will be hard to knock it off the top of my list! Wonderful card Linda - colours, perfect - Father Christmas, where from?
Just love it to bits!
Hugz
Moz

Christine said...

One of my all time favorite Christmas pictures-great card!

Terry said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL! You are so creative and love all your projects!

Laura said...

OMG that's beautiful. And I'd have to agree, that is the best Santa image ever!!! I certainly sit on his knee lol.
Laura

MarcyK924 said...

Oh, Linda! STUNNING, absolutely stunning! Cutting out the cardboard is perfect, as are all the elements. This card really evokes a feeling... I get it. xoxo

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh my! this may be my all time fav Santa card...kid-oh this is stunning!!

Conniecrafter said...

Great image and love the corrugated snowflake, great job with the sketch!

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh I just love this! It's simply splendid!

Vicki Burdick said...

oh my, this is gorgeous Linda, if you are selling it I want to buy it!!! I love the old time santa and the corrugated snowflake and all the vintage goodness, the colors are fabulous!!

Carla S. said...

This is, beyond a doubt, one of the most beautiful Christmas cards I've seen, Linda! I love the rich vintage colros and details and the gorgeous Santa image!

Lori said...

Gorgeous card, Linda, I do absolutely love that Santa image!

Olena said...

Pretty card! Love it! Olena

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... your card is beautiful Linda, I love this vintage Santa image, not to mention all the beautiful detailing surrounding him, the ribbon, the lace the snowflake ... gorgeous and fabulous!!!

Pam said...

This is a beautiful card! One of my very favorite. I love the vintage Santa image. The colors are divine. WOW!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh Linda, I adore your project this week! That image is a stunner and I love the way you've framed and matter him. That snowflake out of the corrugated cardboard is absolutely gorgeous! So many great textures on this one.

tiggertastic said...

such a stunning make, loving the texture and rustic colour

hope you have had and enjoyable weekend

sarah x

Anne Marie Hile said...

One word, Linda: WOWZA! That image is outstanding and once again, once you wave your amazingly creative wand over it...it turns into a piece of art! Gorgeous rich colors and THE perfect details, once again. Hope your weekend is going well and you are relaxing a bit. Big hugs! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my what a beauty! That snowflake is awesome and you are right about that Santa image. Beautiful papers too!

Holly Barrett said...

This is beautiful, rustic and wonderful! That St. Nick image is fantastic! Enjoy your week, Linda!

Kristin said...

You are just amazing! This is so beautiful! I'm behind on my comments, but HAD to come and post a comment on your beautiful creation. Have a great week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Your card is so warm and elegant...and I especially love that corrugated snowflake!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com