Friday, April 16, 2010

Vintage Boots


It's Fabulous Friday again over at Sugar Creek Hollow. You know what that means, don't you? It's the Friday Freebie and I think Tracy has something great for us today. Be sure to stop by and pick it up! This is my design team card for Fabulous Friday. We had a sketch challenge this week and I decided to use the boots. It was one of the first images in the store, but I have never used it. I wanted to do something with a strong vintage flavor this week and the boots fit the bill perfectly!

Details: Digital image from Sugar Creek Hollow. The paper is the retired SU Porcelain Prints matched up with the also-retired Blue Bayou, a combination which I never seem to get tired of. The corners of the die cut were embossed with the Cuttlebug Fancy Corners embossing folder and brayered with Blue Bayou ink. The edges of the DP were sponged with Old Paper distressing ink, as was the circle focal image. I went a bit heavier than usual with the sponging on the focal image because the first few passes were pretty gray from the printer ink smearing a bit, even though I had heat-set it. I kept sponging and blended away the gray. The flowers were hand made using the Cuttlebug Flower die and topped off with a silver-toned bead cap I purchased on eBay.

I hope you will stop by the blogs of the other design team members and see the beautiful work they have done with the Sugar Creek Hollow digital images.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog to see what I have to offer for inspiration today. I do so appreciate all the love comments too! Have a great Friday!

Hugs & blessings,
Challenges entered:
Cute Card Thursday - Touchy Feely (Texture)
All That Scraps - Distressing
Little Red Wagon - Dry Embossing
Stampotique - Make it Girly
Digital Tuesday - Paper Piece with Digis

17 comments:

Donna Moore said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the way you have done the boots, yes indeed, you have made an outstanding vintage card! Everything about this card grabs me and screams "look at me, I am a knock out!"

Stephanie said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! you are truly amazing!

marsha said...

Linda, these are too gorgeous1 I totally adore the boots and how you paper pieced these, all I can say is WOW! And I left a question on your photo tutorial.

Hugs, Marsha

Tracy Vinson said...

THis is just over the top!!! Everything you do is done in a grand fashion. I love the the DP though...that is the first thing that caught my eye.

Cassie said...

another gorgeous creation! your flowers are gorgeous!

Christine said...

Oh La La!

Unknown said...

How divine, the boots are so classy, just like your card, vintage classy! Did I make that up???? Fabulous darling!

xoxoxox

Joseline said...

Beautiful card Linda!! You are truly talented.

joanne wardle said...

fabulous, love the colours

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, I absolutely love that you didn't make a pink card for this challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colour combo Linda and those boots look amazing. Sue C x

Carolyn Wolff said...

Very nice. Love the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Very nice. Love the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

Gillian .... said...

Gorgeous colour combo, love everything about this card.

Vicki G said...

Gorgeous Card! Thanks for playing wiht us at Stampotique

Vicki

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! Love those boots!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com