Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tea for One



Good morning, thank you so much for making my Fabulous Friday post part of your morning routine. I'm here with my design team card for Sugar Creek Hollow, but that's not all. Tracy has a Friday Freebie for you at the store site so make sure you stop by and pick it up. For today's card, I've used two Sugar Creek Hollow digital images - the tea pot and the tea cup. I used the layout for the Shabby Tea Room sketch this week so I could enter my card in their challenge. What a tough sketch. I think it is one of the most difficult, er challenging, sketches I have ever done. I spent several days trying to figure out what I was going to do for that sketch challenge. I knew I wanted to work it in with my Fabulous Friday card for Sugar Creek Hollow. I'm quite pleased with the end result. I think the blue and the lace really sets off the tea pot and cup nicely.

The Details: The CS is Bashful Blue from SU and the designer paper is printed on my home printer. I altered the blues in both the print and the gingham to match Bashful Blue. The tea set is digitally paper pieced using Photoshop Elements 7. No stamping and no coloring on this project. A CB border embossing folder was used, the flower is handmade using Bashful Blue CS and the leaf branch is a Sizzix die. The chunky glitter was purchased at Jo-Ann's. I think that's it, but if you have any questions, feel free to leave it in the comments or email me.

I hope you will take time to stop by the rest of the design teams' blogs and leve them some love. They have some amazing samples to show you today using Sugar Creek Hollow digital images. And don't forget to pick up your Friday Freebie!


Thanks again for stopping by. I love to hear from you so comments are appreciated! Hope you have a Fabulous Friday!
Hugs & blessings,

Challenges:

The Shabby Tea Room - Sketch Challenge
ABC Challenge - S is for Sparkle
Wildflower Wednesday - Paper Piecing

26 comments:

Debbie said...

You are so right, Linda! This design is absolutely STUNNING! I {heart} every single part of your creation from the tea pot and cup, pearls, lace-y doilie, embossing, antiquing & scalloped borders to the glitter, DSP's and sewing! Another outstanding project -- thanks for sharing your talents with us all in the Tea Room each week :)

PS - shall I send my address so you know where to mail this card to meeeeeeeee?????!!!!!?????

Shirl said...

wow..it does seem like a lot of work is required to make this card, but it's definitely worth it! absolutely gorgeous! :)

Tasha said...

wow this is so stunning!
love tasha xx

Tracy said...

This is totally gorgeous and I love the colour, design and finishing touches.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Nicole said...

Beautiful. Love the color combo. Thanks for playing with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

june lanum said...

such a beautiful, elegant card. sorry but I just can't think of enough words to discribe this card, lovely elements

Christine said...

This is a magnificent creation!

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable card! I love the blue and the embossing, and that teapot and teacup are so sweet and so perfect for the Shabby Tea Room. Thanks for playing along with us.

LorettaL said...

Linda, this card is more than beautiful! That little lace flower doilie is the perfect touch to this stunning creation.

Stephanie said...

As always another Stunner! love love love the colors...

Tracy Vinson said...

Linda, you never cease to amaze me. When I logged on to your blog and saw this my mouth just would not come up off the floor. Everything you do is just so well put toegether. Thank you for giving SCH all that you've got...I appreciate you.

ellepaulette said...

Ooooh! This is just so lovely!! Beautiful work as always! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

it doesn't look as if you struggled one iota on this. it is gorgeous! :) have a wonderful weekend!

I'll make my cup Earl Grey, please. grins!

Donna Moore said...

This card just took my breath away girl! You knocked that sketch out and managed to create quite a masterpiece at the same time. Such a elegantly lovely card, Bravo!!!

Lisa said...

WOW this card is just gorgeous! Everything about it, from the layout to the color selection. It's simply fabulous!!

Joseline said...

Oh Linda, what a beautiful card!! I love EVERYTHING about this card.

Cassie said...

it's ever so lovely linda!

peggysue said...

Wowzers! I'm so glad I found your blog . . . what inspiration! Beautiful!

Heather Rogers said...

Amazing card! Such lovely detail. And a Teapot..what can be better than that? :)

Little K Smith said...

Beautiful card, fab teapot and teacup and love the colours and the lace too.
Kelly.x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is gorgeous! So beautiful! A definite winner.

Kathy Jones said...

STUNNING!!!!! Such a deserving winner!!! :)

Simone said...

What a gorgeous card! So many lovely details! The paper is great and so is the embossing! And this flower is awesome!!!
Simone

Jen Shults said...

This is just WOW. Absolutely stunning!!! Thanks for playing with us at Wild Flower Wednesday!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card.

Chris said...

A very beautiful and elegant card and I love the colours! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS, Chris :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com