Wednesday, April 7, 2010

All Things are New Again...


The cycle of life...time marches on and the season unfolds. Easter is behind us and spring is certainly upon us. This week at Creative Inspiration Wednesday Challenge Blog, we are challenged to make a card/project incorporating the colors blue, green and brown. My imagination took hold of the green and blue and I had no choice - it was going to be a spring theme for me. I went searching through my stamp collection for something "growing", but just couldn't find the right thing. So I started combing the vintage sites and found this lovely vintage blue bird print from The Graphics Fairy. I printed the words "A song of spring" on it by running it through my printer a second time. I also used a spring BINGO card from Sugar Creek Hollow and a vintage sheet music from Heidi at Shabby Chic Papirskatter. The DP is from SU's Porcelain Prints and I used a Verve flourish stamp to stamp around the edge in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I stamped around the edge of the Chocolate Chip as well and clear embossed it for texture. I made a chipboard flower using the SU punch and punching five layers of white CS and gluing them together to achieve chipboard thickness. Then I ink distressed the edge and stamped the flourish around each the edge of each petal in Vintage Photo and covered it with chunky glitter. I topped it off with two pink silk flowers that I sprayed with Glitter Mist. I absolutely LOVE the apple green satin ribbon. It's from Arts.licious (Chatter Box) and I have been hoarding it. I only have one small piece left :(.

So there you have my little spring confection. The other DT members have some beautiful creations this week. I hope you will stop by the Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge to check them out. Hope to see you joining in the fun this week!

Challenges:

Creative Belli - Use color spray (used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the flower)
For Fun Challenges - April showers bring May flowers (can be flowers, rain or spring)
Gingersnap Creations - The Good Earth
Rosie's and Dee's Challenge - Blessings (I think renewal is a blessing)
Quixotic Challenge - The Joys of Spring
Stamp Simply - Use chipboard (mine flower is homemade chipboard)
Paper Cutz - Spring

49 comments:

Donna Moore said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. You blew me away with this creation, this needs to be displayed in a special place in your home! Wow!

Christine said...

This is so very tweet!

Juls said...

amazing!! Love the colours the image and that fab ribbon!! gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Helen Dooley said...

This is a beautiful card. It is so elegant and beautiful. Im so glad you decided to share with us at For Fun Challenges this week.

Suzie said...

Beautiful card, love your colors and how you have added the wonderful dimensions to the card. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

Love your card, Thanks for joining in with us at Rosie D's Challenge,

Mervi said...

So so beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's Challenge,
good luck;-))m

nessy said...

wow!!! what an astonishing creation ~ just mind blowing and simply charming~ beautiful!!
vanessa xx

Kelly Massman said...

That is a beautiful card! I also wanted to congratulate you on your lovely card that won the Caardvarks challenge-lacy days!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Love that brad in your flower and that gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for playing along on the Belli Challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Linda this is totally beautiful I love it so much the birds the flower it is a wonderful creation

Hugs
Lorraine x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Linda, this is stunning, and just perfect for our Good Earth challenge at Gingersnap Creations. Thank you so much for participating!

Paula said...

This is just stunning!! I love everything about it!

Thanks for joining us at pollycraft x

marsha said...

Totally stunning! This is just so beautiful - I love everything about this!

Hugs,
Marsha

Edith said...

Your card is so beautiful Linda! I love everything on it:)

Beautiful Greetings said...

I love how romantically beautiful your cards are Linda! This is just stunning.

Maria Matter said...

STUNNING Linda!!!
I'm so glad you shared this beauty with us at Creative Belli!
blessings, Maria

joy said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! Love your idea of glimmer mist on the flower. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Good Earth Challenge!

Shirl said...

What a beautiful card! I really love the vintage touch to it. If this card was mine I would have trouble parting with it!

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Linda, this card is over the top BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It is my favorite card of yours! The colours and details just jump out and scream SPRING!!!
hugs sweetie, Janiel

Kym Weber said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love all the added elements on your card! Stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges! Hope you'll be joining us for next week's challenge!

~Hugs~Kym

Jaana said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Love checking out your cards.
Congrats on your win at Caardvarks.

Pauline said...

Very beautiful, I love the vintage look you have achieved, stunning! Pauline x

Linda Anderson said...

Positively stunning!!!! I love everything about this card!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Aunty Sue said...

This is soo perfect for spring love the ribbon with the image and the colours. Stunning Linda

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful vintage card, and perfect for the Gingersnap challenge!

Dan said...

A wonderful card, and the colours are perfectly chosen! Thanks for taking part in the Gingersnap Creations Good Earth Challenge!

raindropecho said...

Oh this is just DIVINE! Love your trail of ribbon. Everything about this card is pure beauty!
- Ann

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous card, Linda! Love that bingo card and the sweet vintage image. And I can see why you've been reluctant to part with the green ribbon.
So glad you received your Shabby Tea Room prize. Hope it brings you much creative joy.

Joseline said...

Okay, seriously, this is GORGEOUS!!! You make some amazing cards Linda.

Unknown said...

Holy Moly! I absoulutely LOVE this. I would frame it and hang it!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxoxox

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a beautiful menagerie of details for the perfect card! Thanks for joining Paper Cutz Challenges this week! Beth

Queen La Rubba said...

WOW! What a super wonderfully gprgeous card! I really love this! Those bords are just beautiful! Great job! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
I invite you to hop on over and enter in my candy give away!!

Unknown said...

Hi Linda!

Could you please send me an email!

roberta.laliberte@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

xoxoxox

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is truly breath-taking! Absolutely lovely! So glad you played along with the Stamp Simply Challenge!

Debby said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations this week!

Tracy said...

Hi Linda, this is so gorgeous, Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

IsabellasSketchbook said...

I think I just love everything you do. This is absolutely beautiful!

stephanne said...

I, for one, LOVE your little Spring confection!! So pretty, a wonderful combination of images and techniques!! Sounds like it's time to get on ebay and find you some more of that gorgeous ribbon, me thinks!!

Amy said...

everything on this card is really pretty!!

KAT said...

Love how you incorporated the ribbon into this piece!

Annette said...

Honestly - my jaw just dropped! T=Your creation is absolutely stunning! BRAVO!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOW! This is just awesome! thanks for playing the Belli!

Chrissy D said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! WOW! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Laura said...

Fabulous fabulous great collage.Thanks for joining Gingersnaps.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow! Just adore! Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

PetraB said...

This is such an adorable creation!

Annie said...

wow so many beautiful designs - been scrolling back through your work and it's just fabulous.
Ann xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com