Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Prairie Fairy Preview


More big news this week. As of May 1st, I will be on the Prairie Fairy's Design Team. What an exciting week this has been for me. First Isabella's Sketchbook and now the Prairie Fairy. This card uses a digital image from The Prairie Fairy. I created it with the specifics to fit both the Mojo Monday sketch and the Shabby Tea Room challenge. I saw a card last week using Aida cloth and that it was wonderfully shabby. Since I have an entire box full of it in my closet, left over from my cross stitch days, I decided to drag it out and re-purpose it. I also used it to create a little hand made flower. Then, of course, I couldn't resist getting out the embroidry floss and doing a few cross stitches too. The paper is Afternoon Tea (retired SU) and the images are colored with Copics. The punch is from SU and the embossing folder from Cuttlebug.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges:
Stamp Simply - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Chrisma Cardz - Girly Card with Flowers
Cute Card Thursday - Make Your Own (I made the flower)
Paper Play - Pretty Pastels


14 comments:

Sharon said...

Your card is absolutely stunning, love the shabby chic look Linda. Good luck with the new position, you're going to be very busy, but enjoyably so. Congratulations! ~ Sharon

Nicole said...

Such a pretty card. Love that tea pot and cup. Great color comno. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room!:)

Debbie said...

How clever to use cross stitching cloth on the design of your card - I {heart} that shabby little flower and all that yummy seam binding!! Thanks for joining us again this week in the Tea Room - we appreciate your participation!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! I love that Aida cloth and your touches of cross-stitching. Fab job with the stamping and coloring, too. Congrats to you for making the new design team! And thanks for playing along again at the Tea Room.

Christine said...

This is heavenly Linda, I love the flower!

Leigh said...

Snuggled down with a pot of tea. YES, that is home. Perfect card!

Anonymous said...

Ooh Linda I love the way you've used the Aida fabric. That's got me thinking, as I used to do alot of cross stitch. I love the flower too. Sue C x
P.S. Forgot to say 'congrats' on your DT position too !

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card. Love the blues. What a great flower using the Aida cloth! I have some tucked away too thinking I'll go back to cross-stitching. But I like what you have done with it so much better. Thanks for the idea!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty! And what an amazing color combination, too!

Annika said...

Congratulations for your well-deserved DT position! Your card is so creative and beautiful it makes me weepy with overall feelings of inadequacy! Looking at your blog is a truly humbling experience!
It also makes me want to play with shabby style again, haven't done that for a while...
Hugs
Annika

Cor* said...

Such a great card, so many layers and textures! Love the accented ribbon!

papertrails leaver said...

Tea reminds me of home as well! A lovely card you created!

Deb Neerman said...

What a gorgeous creation! Love that beautiful stamp ... and the color palette ... not to mention that beautiful handmade flower!

Thanks for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" 3D Flower challenge!

PS: Congrats on the DT's ... so well deserved! I'm a huge fan!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Linda! Congratulations on your Top 3 win at Charisma Cardz! Looks like I'm in excellent company *wink*.

Cheers,
Susan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com