Saturday, April 3, 2010

Two Challenges in One


Springtime is the time for growth and changes and it has also brought changes to Our Creative Corner. Last week, we said sad goodbys to our team mates Silke Ledlow and Jenny Gropp. This week, we are greeting three brand new members of the OCC design team. Please help us give a big welcome to Diane Gilbert, Sarah Gough and Julie Leblanc! And the month of April brings us a new hostess too. Dana Grothaus has lined up some fabulous challenges for us this month. Her first challenge is Break Out the Buttons and I do so love buttons. But I have really been getting a kick out of making faux buttons and that is what I have done here. I know you can tell they are faux, but I think they are so cute made out of the same paper that I used on the card. The first set I made seemed a little too big, but they made great photo props. I made these using the SU half inch circle punch.

Although this is my OCC DT card, I specifically made this card to be entered into another challenge. Several days ago, happily I stumbled across a very talented digital artist - Isabella of Isabella's Sketchbook. She is just getting her business going and was offering a 20% special (sorry, through yesterday). I snapped up a bunch of her images. Her illustrations have a strong vintage flavor that appealed to me immediately. Her new challenge blog, Isabella's Challenge, is having its very first challenge this week and I wanted to enter it. It's a sketch challenge and the use of one of her images is required. I used both her image and sketch for this card.

Card Details: CS is SU Rose Romance and Pink Pirouette, the DP is digital from Designer Digitals. The image was colored with Copics, cut with Nestabilities and sponged with Bashful Blue (sky) and Old Paper Distress Ink (lower half) then sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The edges of the DP were sponged with Creamy Caramel. The vintage seam binding was purchased on Etsy.

Please be sure to stop by Diane, Julie and Sarah's blogs to congratulate them on joining the OCC. And while you're at it, maybe leave some love for the other design team members too.

Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter.
Challenges entered:
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - How does your garden grow?
Stamping for the Weekend - Ribbons & Bows
Quirky Crafts - Flowers
Crafty Cardmakers - Spring into Spring
Paper Jewels - Buttons & Sewing

27 comments:

Tasha said...

Linda this is beautiful, your colourwork is fabulous and i love the layout. Fab design
love tasha xx

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Lovely card, Linda. You've colored the image wonderfully. I love the papers you used, that crinkly ribbon and those buttons!

Lori Rider said...

Linda, this is so beautiful - those soft colors are stunning with your gorgeous image. Love the pretty ribbon and buttons and papers... it's all fabulous!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh my! this is fabulous! just finished drooling over your other creations as well ...your blog is awesome! so glad to meet you!
i love isabella's also ..looking forward to seeing what else you do with her images...
have a wonderful Easter!

Anonymous said...

Linda this is another beauty. The delicate colours are lovely and I have to admit I had to do a double take to see that your buttons were Faux ! Sue C x

LorettaL said...

Linda, this card is so sweet. That little scene is darling and perfectly vintage! I can just picture it in an antique primer book.

Juls said...

love love love it!!! Love the soft colours and the way you have created such a gorgeous scene!!!! and that bow, wow its amazing!!!! Love it! hugs Juls

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

Jennifer Scull said...

gosh, this is just as pretty as a BUTTON! giggles! couldn't resist.... but really, it is gorgeous! I love everything about it! :)
Happy Easter to you and yours!

Chocolate Fudge Cake said...

What a beautiful card - I love the stamp and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts.

Unknown said...

Great card! I had no idea they were faux. What a great way to coordinate your papers and embellishments. You are so clever. Great job on the challenge!!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Linda, i hope youre having a great easter weekend. Wow what a totally stunning card sweetie, i love the iamge and those absoluteloy gorgeous papers! enjoy the rest of your weeiend, hugs Linda x

Sarah Gough said...

This is gorgeous - I love those papers with that image, lovely!

Spyder said...

Lovely flower Papers, beautiful card!! Love that ribbon! Thank you for playing Quirky Craft's Flower challenge, look out for the new one starting tomorrow!!
(Lyn)

Janiel/ janny said...

inda, LOVE LOVE LOE This!! Great papers with your wonderful colored image!!
hugs, Janiel

Julie Riley said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours, well done. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Vixykins said...

This is so pretty Linda and love the buttons!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

Julie Leblanc said...

Thank you for making me feel welcome at OCC... Love your buttons:)

JayLynn said...

Very beautiful card! I love the way you cut part of the image off the edge. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Jewels and you aren't required to use our stamps so there's no problem there :)

Tracy Vinson said...

Very lovely. I love the ribbon...going to pop over to Etsy and see if I can find some.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is gorgeous, Linda...love those gingham buttons and that ribbon is FABULOUS!!!

Ann English said...

Linda, Love, love, LOVE this card-just perfect in every way!

Christy said...

This is gorgeous :)

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, fabulous card! I love that image and it's so soft and sweet. Glad you could play along with our Paper Jewels challenge.

pam124 said...

Linda: LOVE your faux buttons. Do you have a tutorial on how to make these from your pp? I would really appreciate it. Your cards are EXQUISITE!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Pam, thanks for the lovely compliment. I couldn't find an email address for you so hopefully you will stop back by to see if I posted a response. I followed a U-tube video to learn the faux button technique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWnH-PZvIok. They are easy to make, just take a little time, but I don't mind fiddling so they work for me. Hope that helps!

Hugs,
Linda

Gunn (Merete) said...

Great card with beautiful DP. Love the soft look on this, sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
*Gunn*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com