Friday, April 16, 2010

Two in One


Two posts in one day...two tags on one card...strange happenings here at the Funkie Junkie. I don't think I have ever posted twice in one day, but I made two cards for today and felt two posts were better than one combined. A couple of weeks ago, I entered this card into a challenge at The Prairie Fairy Challenge and it came in #1. The prize was three wonderful Prairie Fairy digital images and an opportunity to be a guest designer for this week's challenge. The challenge is use eyelets and string on your card. This is the card I made for the challenge, using one of the digis I won. I really struggled with the eyelets part. I hardly ever use eyelets any more and I kept noodling it, trying to come up with a creative way of using them. Finally I decided to make a tag, but I needed more than one eyelet, plus the image didn't really fit on the tag die size I have, so I came up with the wacky idea of "stamping" the image across two tags. It was a little tricky with the printer, but I got it to work.

Not too many details to describe. I used the same retired SU Porcelain Prints. The tags were dei cut with a Spellbinders die and the image was colored with Copics. I added some Stickles to her wings for a bit of shimmer.

Be sure to stop by the Prairie Fairy Challenge blog today and check out the wonderful work the designers over there do. I'm so excited I got to join in the fun with them this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you are getting the weekend off to a great start!

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges entered:
Quixotic Challenge - Heavy Metal
Paper Cutz - Use a tag (haha, I should win - isnt' 2 better than 1?)
Something Completely Different - My 'D' is for diecut
Flutter By Wednesdays - Open challenge, just include a fairy, angel or butterfly
For Fun Challenges - Make an encouraging card

20 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow such a beautiful card Linda, i love the shapes you used and the fabulous ticket
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

Linda your cards are just great and the way you interpret the weekly challenges amazes me!
I did have a question about a button on your sidebar though the "I create for" button blinks this very distracting black bar which makes me scroll quickly past that page to avoid it. Is it my computer or is that supposed to do that?
Thanks Meg

Jennifer Scull said...

congrats on all of the exciting news! and you are just so very clever! I think it is genius! :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous card. Gorgeous colours & what a cute image. :)
Thanks for joining us this week on Something Completely Different. Gez.xx

Helen Dooley said...

What a beautiful card. The colors are perfect. you really did a great job! Thanks for playing along on PCC this week.

Christine said...

Very creative!

Beverly G said...

You pulled off another beauty. You must be a techno junkie also, you can really manipulate those images.

Dawn said...

#G~orgeous card, love your style

Could you E-mail me details on my blog

thanks

Dawn

Unknown said...

Well you nailed it Linda! Those eyelets you used are to die for! Love them, wherever did you get them. I also think it was ingenious how you layered the two tags with the image to match. Today two is doubly delightful as they are both fabulous!

xoxoxo

Laura said...

Great elements on tis card. Love the contrast between he ribbon and the brown string. Thanks for playing at SCD this week.

CarlaKH said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love the colors and how you used the string and eyelets!

Unknown said...

Hi Linda! Love your card-really clever tag shape that the image is on-love it! Thanks for playing in Quixotic Challenges-hope to see you again next week too! Rowena xxx

Unknown said...

Ooo and forgot to say Congrats on your news!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea Linda ! The image looks brilliant on the two tags. At first I thought is was a new shape Nestability ! Sue C x

Patti J said...

I LOVE how you have used the two tags! What a wonderful card! It will certainly cheer someone up! Thanks for joining us this week at For Fun Challenges! Hope to see you again next week!

Lauretta See said...

STUNNING!! love all about this card.. the colors the tags the eyelets.. allllllllllll of it. :)

Thank you for joining in the MelJens challenge this week, good luck,

hugs x

Nicole said...

WOWSERS Linda!! Love this take on our 3-D challenge at Meljen's! SO HAPPY you joined us! Nicole

Northern Girl Stamper said...

This is a beautiful card!!!Thank you for joining us at Meljen's desings. Good luck!

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! I love the joined tags!
Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck on the challenge!
♥Dee (Spryte)♥

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC and hope you'll continue to join in the fun challenges each week!

Terry

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com