Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter White



It's Saturday again.  Wow, the time just whizzes by so quickly.  This week at Our Creative Corner, Liliana is our host and she wants us to make something with a decorative edge but there is a major twist - she also says it must be all white - with the exception of the sentiment, it must be entirely white!  Now that's a challenge, but it's one that I love!

I just got these wonderful Melissa Frances hangers into the boutique.  They have a distressed flower on each clip - yummy!  I decided the hanger was the perfect starting point for an all-white wall hanging.  The white corrugated cardboard from my shop was a little too ivory so I gave it a quick coat of gesso and then rubbed just a dry brush or to of black ink over it to give it more of a distressed look.  I covered chipboard with white cardstock and cut three dress forms using the Sewing Room die, then dry embossed them using the BINGO, Post Card and Flourishes texture fades.  I edged them with the gesso to give the edges a white finish, keeping the gray chipboard from showing on the edges where they were due cut.  When that was dry, I sponged the edges with Antique Linen DI and also dry brushed them a tiny bit with Jet Black Archival ink.

From the top down, items used are as follows:  Base is white corrugated cardboard coated with gesso, Melissa Frances Flower Hanger, "delight" sentiment from Chit Chat stickers, white lace cut with Vintage Lace Decorative Strip Die, metal filigree coated with white embossing powder, tiny flowers cut with Tattered Flowers Decorative Strip Die, sentiment - Wendy Vecchi, Sewing Room dress forms, heart from my boutique, flower made from canvas and tulle  cut with the Tattered Flowers die plus a piece of vintage crocheted doily, Melissa Frances pearl in center, butterfly cut with Stampin' Up Sizzix die, coated with Distress Stickles Rock Candy glitter, Melissa Frances resin appliqué.  See thumbnails below to purchase from The Funkie Junkie Boutique - all Melissa Frances is our Friday Focus this week, 15% off sale through Thursday, January 24th.

Be sure to check out the wonderful winter whites over at Our Creative Corner.

I am also entering this into Sugar Creek Hollow's Tic Tac Toe challenge.  I chose Flowers/Pearls/Die Cuts.





20 comments:

Diana Fernandez said...

Linda, they are beautiful!!! I just bought that sewing room die this last week, and can't wait to pull it out and play with it!!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is beautiful, I love this die and I adore that hanger..i need some! This is a wonderful piece of art..Love all the textures that you have created just using white..which I LOVE! hugs trace x

Yvonne Garner said...

Be still my heart Linda! Breathtaking!

Astrid Maclean said...

This is sooooo beautiful! Those hangers are yummy! (I am saving up to place an order very soon)The white in white is gorgeous and I adore the embossed dress forms! Gorgeous piece altogether!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful project Linda ! Love the hangers and the embossing is just fabulous. Stunning ! Sue C x

Maryanne said...

I love this, Linda! I love color but this time of year I find myself craving whites. I love that hanger. I really need some of those!!

Terry said...

Fabulous hanging! Love the winter whites and how you did the light touch distressing! Awesome use of the dress forms! Have a lovely and warm weekend! Hugs!

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, Linda, that is totally gorgeous! I love what you did to the hanger as well as the fab texture on the dress forms.

Laurart said...

Oh my goodness - this is just wonderful! I am intrigued by the idea of doing an 'all white' craft but I have my doubts that I am capable! This is certainly amazingly inspiring - the fact that I am considering giving this challenge a go shows you how inspiring this is! From Laura xxxx

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Linda! Love the subject matter you have chosen and it is right up my street! Want that hanger now!
Hugs
x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Pinned! LOVE LOVE LOVE! The white on white is yummy!

Tricia said...

Lovely card Linda, by the way did you get my email to you re the sympathy card.
Tricia

Words and Pictures said...

Completely gorgeous, Linda - the corrugated background is a perfect setting for all your shabby chic loveliness - and that hanger is to die for... Like Trace I'm gonna be sourcing me some of those!!
Alison xx

Susan said...

You know how much I love your work and this one is no exception. White on white is beautiful. I look forward to more.

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh goodness, I've been terrible at visiting lately, but I'm always secretly admiring your work from my PC. I just had to come over and tell you how beautiful this creation is Linda. As busy as you have been, I'm still amazed at the endless creativity at your fingertips. You are certainly a very talented lady and continue to be an inspiration to me.
Hope the move and house and all that goes with it is going well.
hugs,
Lisa x

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a stunning work as usual! Just love it! ^_^

Evelyn S. said...

You are truly a "funkie" artiste! This is a beautiful creation!

Cec said...

Another wonderful Funkie Junkie creation. I love the texture and the sweet little hanger. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec
P.S. Are you all settled?

Anonymous said...

love this simple yet lovely...so happy to see you at sch this week...
lizzi

Lili said...

This is wonderful Linda! Love how you created the background, and those embossed dress forms are terrific. You always inspire me.
Hugs ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com