Sunday, January 6, 2013

No Winter Lasts Forever

Yes, I know there are still several months of winter left. But with so many people posting winter-themed projects recently, I thought I would give you some flowers and color today. All the stamps used here are from the Birds of a Feather plate. I started with a jumbo tag and stamped the text and nest stamps using Jet Black archival ink, then sponged it with Broken China and Mustard Seed. The edges were also sponged with Brushed Corduroy. My flowers were all cut with the Tattered Flower Garland die and sponged with Broken China. I used kraft glassine to create the little envelope and freehand cut the little spring banners. The tree and the robin were painted lightly with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, the tree having been cut from chipboard and run through the Damask texture fade.

I hope my piece brought a little sunshine into your day. Thanks so much for stopping by!

These products were used to make this tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Ranger/Tim Holtz products are always priced 20% below MSRP.

22 comments:

Sophie said...

Meine Güte, Linda, wie wunder-wunderschön.
Ein Träumchen...
Ich würde dir das sofort abkaufen, so sehr gefällt mir das.

Herzlichst Sophie

Maryanne said...

I love this tag, Linda! I'm one of the people thinking winter projects, I have to confess! But, in a few weeks I'll be craving spring! I love the tree with the damask embossing.

Linda Pekrul said...

I love the Broken Glass and Mustard Seed together! Wonderful Springy tag!

Astrid Maclean said...

Only one word for this, truly stunning!! Amazing composition, I just love everything about it!! Hope you are getting used to your new craft space!!

Unknown said...

The tag is gorgeous!! I love your work and I am so happy your store is open again!!!

Your details are just amazing!
Happy Crafting
Tracie

Cassie said...

This is beyond beautiful Linda!

Grethe said...

This is just beautiful!! Love your flowers!!
Thank you for the inspiration!

joetterer said...

very pretty, I love birds. the little banners turned out cute

joetterer said...

very pretty, I love birds. the little banners turned out cute

joy said...

Spring is always an uplifting theme and I love this pretty creation, Linda! So sweet!

Hettie said...

This is beautiful Linda and gives us hope that Spring is on its way. I notice the Snowdrops are on their way in the garden.
Hugs and thanks for visiting earlier.
xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Pinning this beauty! Exceptional! I love every millimeter of it!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!! How gorgeous this tag is!!! I LOVE it!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome tag, great details and love the colors and design!!

Terry said...

Love the Spring is Here banner flowing so freely! Beautiful tag, Linda! Congratulations on the grand reopening!

marda said...

Love the springy theme, could use some sunshine about now. Don't mind the winter and the snow.. just prefer there's some sun too.
Congrats on your grand reopening!

Donna Gibson said...

Hi Linda, This tag is exquisite! I love the colors and the bird theme! So many details to take in!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is one gorgeous tag love the broken china with the mustard seed so springy . So nice to see that your store is open again .

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... Linda, such a stunning creation!!! Love the beautiful colors and all the details... :)

Jenny Marples said...

Love the colours on this Linda. And my favourite lace is in there too!! Hugs, Jenny x

Sandy said...

So creative and pretty. In North Carolina, we have not had winter yet and I love winter. I love the nip in the air and I love fires in the fire place. I love stews on the stove and sipping hot beverages. I love snow and have not seen any for two years. So I am still in love with the snow themes. I am also in love with the fact that your store is open for business! Glad you are getting more and more settled. Happy New Year Linda!!!!!
Sandy

Marjie Kemper said...

Well, someone's back in her studio for sure! This is just stunning Linda. Pinning it right this moment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com