Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back in Business!


Let me tell you, things are rockin' around this household!  We're moved, my store is organized (I hope:) and I'm back to work on all my design teams!  The Funkie Junkie Boutique just reopened it's doors and I've already had a few orders from people who have been waiting in the wings.  It feels great to be on the road to normal again!

Sharon Wheet is kicking off the year for Our Creative Corner.  Her challenge is to make something pretty in aqua and pink and be sure to include a flower (stamped, on the DP or a 3-D paper or other craft flower).  I'm not sure if mine would be considered pretty - it's a little on the grungy side.  I started with a girly intent but the thing just digressed on its own.

I started with a sheet of plain white card stock, stamped the flowers from SU's Field Flowers in Vintage Photo and sponged it with Broken China DI.  I added some sponging around the edges with Vintage Photo and then grunged it up a bit more with Vintage Photo Distress EP around the edges (which was inspired by Alison Bomber's piece here).   More white CS was embossed with the Flourishes Texture Fade, edge punched with a Martha Stewart punch and sponged with Aged Mahogany DI.  A ripped, crinkled piece of kraft glassine was stitched across the middle and the entire panel was stitched to another piece of white CS that had been embossed and sponged similar to the strip.  I used the Heart Wings die to cut two pieces of felt.  The top heart was cut with the same die and then I trimmed it around the edge to make it smaller so some of the burgundy felt would show around the edges.  Then I painted it with Picket Fence crackle paint and when dry, sponged with lightly with Vintage Photo.

The With Love plaque was cut with a spellbinders die, stamped with the sentiment from Field Flowers, sponged with Jet Black around the edge and given two coats of UTEE.  The flowers were white CS cut with the Tattered Flower Garland Decorative Strip die and sponged with Broken China and Vintage Photo.  A Melissa Frances corner finished it off.

That's it for my OCC piece for this week.  Thanks so much for coming back after my holiday break.  I hope to see you over at Our Creative Corner playing in our challenge this week.  Have a great weekend.

19 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Linda
You may not feel it has a 'girly' feel, but it is a most beautiful card, I especially love the crackle effect you have obtained. And the way you have interpreted the colour palette is wonderful.
Smiles:)
Sue

craftytrog said...

Your card is stunning Linda! Great to see you back in business! Happy new year!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful first card this year, love the stitching :)

Paper Profusion said...

Not only is your household 'rockin' - your card also has many wonderful things 'goin on'. Really love the heart! Nicola x

lilscrappers said...

Thats the best use of the heart wings die I have seen! And soon it will be mine so I can play with it too! :) Love the way you grunged it so it isn't 'too' sweet!

Unknown said...

Welcome Back!!!I have missed you!

Pam said...

Great card! Love that heart. I'm so glad you're back!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous, love the colours & details along with the crackled effect.. I just found your blog and have enjoyed the creative feast for the eyes looking thru it. Happy Weekend, Shirley

Hettie said...

Happy New Year to you Linda and great to hear you are back to yourself now!
Love this card. All the details, the feminine look and that Love plaque is wonderful. You go girl!
I took all my tags down in my room earlier this week but have kept my 12 Tags up as I love them all. Thanks again for all your inspiration and long may it continue!
Also thanks for becoming my latest Follower!
xx

Words and Pictures said...

It may be grungy but it's definitely also pretty - in fact it's beautiful... love the crackle on the gorgeous heart, and how lovely the punching looks (been stalking that MS punch on ebay for a long time now - prices over here are unfriendly!).

So happy to hear the FJB is open for business again - congratulations on getting up and running so fast!
Alison xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card, grungy but with a feminine touch. Love the crack,ed heart and your use of glassine. Lovely layout as always. Welcome back, great to see your wonderful artwork once again. Tracy x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a gorgeous make! I love every detail, and there are so many! The crackled heart is amazing, and the corner piece is perfect here!

Shanna Shands said...

What is there not to love. The papers are pretty and all the different texutres are WOW.

Grethe said...

Beautiful card!!

Darlene G said...

Welcome back. It's so good to read your blog and see your beautiful card. I'm sure you are happy to be back in business. I know lots of us are!!

Jenny Marples said...

Can't believe I missed this Linda! How you juggle so many balls and produce stunning work like this is beyond me. This is so beautiful. Love that heart completely. Hugs, Jenny x

Sharon Wheet said...

Linda, I just LOVE your card! and I would consider your flower as pretty! It's beautifully distressed and adds so much softness to this fabulous card! LOVE IT! and I have always been a fan of the crackled objects (your heart, for instance), and the way you use your stamps. Very creative and very inspirational!
I hope all is going well on your home front. Moving can be a 'challenge' all of its own. Take care. hugs, sharon w.

Lili said...

Stunning card Linda! Love your background and the crackle on the heart gives such a nice texture.
Hugs ;)

Angi in hana said...

i have to say that all your art is sooo good, i am almost speechless and a little discouraged because you are so good and i have been working hard at my first tag swaps and they certainly do not come out as nice as yours and others i see! i don't mean to sound like i am down but i sure have alot to learn, so huge tx for sharing and the other key is having the stash!! i usually metalsmith so my paper supply is small but i am going to keep adding, i will check out your store now, aloha, angi in hana

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com