Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm in My Red Zone


Happy Saturday to you!  I'm back today with my sample for Our Creative Corner.  This week, Sharon Wheet is our host and she wants us to create in the Shabby Chic style - not a challenge for me since it's my very favorite style!  Although shabby chic is usually identified with faded hues, I chose to go with reds for my project as I am starting to feel Valentine's vibes.

I pulled out my highly hoarded Circe DP (retired years ago from SU) and used it for my background, shabbying things up with a page from an old book, punching the edge with an old Fiskars border punch.  Using the TH Mini Love Movers and Shapers heart, I cut out the felt hearts and used the large rosette die as well as the small one to cut crepe paper and the red rosette, layering them together.  I edged the white crepe paper with red Stickles.  The filigree metal sold in my boutique was treated with a coat of white embossing powder and while it was still warm, I sanded it to make it look worn.  My doily was too large so I cut it down with a scalloped circle Spellbinders die.  A little burlap string, red button and LOVE sentiment finished off the piece.

And now it's time for you to visit Our Creative Corner to see the lovely shabby chic pieces the team has  to get you going on the challenge for this week.

Many of the products used here can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique which is having a 10% off re-opening sale through January 15th.  Hope to see you there!








These products can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

13 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Love your version of shabby chic Linda. Clever idea to use the book pages as lace and the little buds in the centre of the hearts are adorable. Hugs, Jenny x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a striking card Linda, Imlove the red and the felt hearts are gorgeous. Love,the text panel and the punched hearts along the edge. Gorgeous. Tracy x

Kate Yetter said...

All your layers are gorgeous, Linda. I especially love the center rosette and the little hearts. Such a beautiful card!
I am so glad we have the chance to work together on the AO DT.
Hope all is settled with your move. I am sure you are glad to have things back to normal. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Words and Pictures said...

What a delight... the white metal filigree is a perfect centrepiece and the red and white is so pretty!
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful creation, I adore the felt hearts, great colours!!

Yvonne Garner said...

An amazing creation Linda! I love the felt hearts too. Hugs, Yvonne

Viv said...

Hi Linda! Long time no talkie...LOL. I've been a bad blogger I must confess.
Your card is ADORABLE!!!!! Love the embossed filigree metal idea, must try that sometime.

Viv XX

marda said...

Magnificent Valentine card...LUV it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the use of the old book page and the embossed filigree is fab ! Sue C x

Maryanne said...

I love this card, Linda! This time of year I just love making things for Valentine's Day. It's dreary out and Valentine's Day is so bright and pretty! I love the layered rosette and the edge punched text. Really beautiful!

Unknown said...

Linda - What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I have lots of catch up to do...but will eventually! Love your red zone...I need to jump on that one. Gorgeous make...eye candy!

Sandy said...

How very pretty and RED!
Sandy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com