Sunday, January 13, 2013

Retro Road Trip

Maybe I needed to balance out all the frilly shabby pieces I've made lately, but for some reason I felt like getting grungy for my weekly Artistic Outpost post this week.  So I broke out the Artistic Outpost Route 66 plate.  It's an older plate from Artistic Outpost, but brand new to me.  I've had it sitting unmounted for several months and just hadn't gotten around to using it.  

I started with a square of kraft card stock and randomly stamped the background in archival inks - jet black, sepia and vermillion.  The edges were roughed up with scissors and I gave the entire piece a good sponging with Vintage Photo DI.  I cut a rectangular tag from the kraft card stock and stamped the motorcycle on it in jet black archival ink and then used some ink spray refresher to do Tim Holtz's Crumpled Kraft Suede technique (page 40, Compendium of Curiosities 2).  Because I used archival ink (which is now my go to stamping ink - love the way it stamps!), I could stamp first and not worry about it bleeding.  I love the way it looks!  The jumbo eyelet is from Stampin' Up! and the twine is from my shop.

The Road Trip banner and the Route 66 sign both had Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint applied.  The diamond plate started as Ranger foil tape over card stock, run through the TH texture fade and then had black acrylic paint dabber applied and wiped off to grunge it up a bit.  

I guess that's about it.  Of course, if you have any questions, leave me a comment and I'll update this post.  I had fun getting grungy with this one!  

Thanks for visiting and I hope you are having a great weekend!



These products used to make this card can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

13 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Oh so definitely my type of card! LOVE the aged kraft card and the whole roughened look. Love your funky side Linda:) Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

LOVED this at AO, it's sooo cool! I love the motorbike on the "suede" - fab eyelet, too - and the distressed background and the embossed metal layer are brilliant - wow, wow, wow!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Fantastic card Linda! I love the crackled badge! x

Terry said...

Well we were both wanting a road trip with AO! Love the Retro feel with the kraft paper and then the embossed metal is so cool! Fabulous card masculine card! Have a great Sunday! Hugs!

Astrid Maclean said...

Very cool guy card! Great colours and I love all the different elements you have used

lilscrappers said...

That just gave me an idea....I have an uninked stamp set.....must go act on that, I have time, lol

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Oh Linda, that's a wonderful card, love the vintage feeling and the image.

Hettie said...

Love this Linda. That bike is wonderful and love the metal look! 66 is such a special number for me but don't tell anyone!
Hugs
xx

Brenda Brown said...

This is fabulous Linda, I love the vintage feel and Route 66 brings back fabulous memories of driving it when on a holiday to the USA some years ago. The metal plate and crumpled suede tag both add a very masculine feel to this one.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.
Hope you've had a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sophie said...

Boah, Brenda, eine tolle Karte ist das!
Route 66, das Motorrad, alles sieht einfach fantastisch aus.
Eine geniale Collage.

Herzlichst Sophie

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic Masculine card, great distressing, stamped background and love the banner sentiment!

ลngεŁล said...

Me encanta adoro las motos y el estilo vintage, tu trabajo une los dos!!! besitos

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the metal bit sticking out...you are a genius! So masculine and cool Linda!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com