Monday, August 9, 2010

Things With Wings - First Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Now Live!


Greetings vintage lovers! The appointed hour has come and the fabulous new vintage challenge, Simon Says Stamp and Show, has now kicked off it's very first challenge. It's an easy one this time - Things With Wings. Everybody should be able to play with us - ya gotta have a bird or a butterfly stamp, right? And OMW, what an amazing prize! Check out this pic with all the yummies just waiting for a new home. The prize will be a random drawing, but there is also a judged contest and the top 3 cards each week will receive an awesome blinkie for their blog! Can't wait to see who comes in top three this first week. Will it be you? You can't win if you don't play!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I have made for our very first challenge. This past week as been a roller coaster for me. Of course, I was positively elated (and amazed) to be selected as one of the team members of the wonderful new group. But when I checked out the work of my teammies, I was quite intimidated. Wow, there is just unbelievable talent in this new group. And most of them are very skilled in the styles of Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi. I wondered how my more frilly, delicate vintage work was going to mesh with these styles and how it would measure up. So what you see here is my first attempt. It's a thank you to Heidi and Linda Elbourne for selecting me and also expresses a bit of my hopes and trepidation. I plan to hang it in my studio to reflect on as I grow in this art. It's my benchmark and at the end of the DT term, I hope to be able to see some significant growth. I hope you can make out what it says. It's choppy by design so I'll give it to you straight. It reads like this: "Thank you for taking me on this unique journey. I'm off in the right direction on a wing and a prayer. I hope I can wing it. I know I will enjoy the journey."

I hope you will stop by the blogs of the rest of the design team and congratulate them on being selected for this team. You will be amazed at the work they do.

♥Linda Elbourne, DT Coordinator - A Crafting Journey
♥ Dan Cumson - My Crafty Life
♥ Lynne Forsythe - The Next Best Thing
♥ Lori Hassler - I Been Thinkin'...'Bout Inkin'
♥ Nancy Crissinger - What's Next???
♥ Nancy Wethington - Art From the Heart
♥ Terry Weitsma-Girbes - Terry's Cards & Creativity
♥ Katie Davis - Chantilly Rose
♥ Kim Costello - Paperbabe

And now get off the Internet and into your craft room. There's craftin' to do so get to it! Can't wait to see your Things With Wings posted over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.
Supplies used: Tim Holtz idea-ology Word Keys, Game Spinners, Swival Clasps, Muse Tokens, Adage Tickets, Grungeboard Mixed Minis and Vintage Shabby Paper Stash. Tim Holtz Stamps Regal Flourish and Flights of Fancy.

20 comments:

Annika said...

Wow. Just wow. It's absolutely amazing!What a wonderful sentiment and creative approach - I want to be you!
Hugs
Annika

Lynne Forsythe said...

I just love your project....AWESOME and ORIGINAL!! love your style and am looking forward to watching you grow!!

Sian said...

Wow, your creation is amazing, love all the details.

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Linda, what a debut project this is girl, you cracked it big style. I love all the elements, the saying and the style. ~Congrats~ look forward to joining in.
Hugs
Suzi x

Unknown said...

This is a real stunner Linda ... I totally LOVE every single little detail X

Lorraine A said...

fabulous creation Linda :-) ,, perfect for your challenge debut,, I LOVE everything about this :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Lori said...

Love this Linda! The collage is really a great start! Isn't this going to be fun! And...way to go on linking to everyone's blog, I didn't even think of that! Note to self.... lol!

Juls said...

this is brilliant! Love all the text detail! Hugs Juls

Terry said...

Hiya Linda, just love your creation, so original and full of fun to discover all the little bits and pieces, wow....Thanks for sharing Linda. Hugs Terry xxxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH so gorgeous Linda!! I love the collage look and you used all the perfect pieces, I like the way you broke the sentiment up.

Your inspirations at Simon Says Stamp are off to a “flying” start!

*mwah*
Steph

Babsarella said...

Love your fun project!! I found your blog via Wendy Vecchi, and then Simon Says Stamp and Show. Anyhow I see you are in Miami, so I wanted to say hello! I live in Ft. Lauderdale and am a frequent visitor at The Stamp Shack. Oh, and I am also Catholic (I see you work for your parish). I look forward to seeing all the terrific things you will be creating!!

Dan said...

A wonderful project Linda! I look forward to seeing what's to come! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Linda ! I love it !! Sue C x

Faye said...

Wow, this is just stunning! x

Joseline said...

Beautiful job Linda!! And congrats for getting selected to be a part of the team. You will do just fine. Your work is truly amazing.

Jackie said...

Good morning Linda, well it is morning over here. Thank you so much for naming my freebie digi image, I have now credited it. Like you, I name any I get nowadays but back then I wasn't au fait with the rules :o)
Congratulations on your DT appointment. I have been looking through your beautiful blog and I don't thonk you have any reason to be intimidated :o)
Jackie xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a great inspiration!! Wish you much fun with the Simon Says new Challenge. This DT has done some awesome things in day 1!!! Thanks for the fun.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Linda, you are a wonderful card artist, you will be fabulous on the DT. This project is a refection of that. Blessings, Jane

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Linda!
big congrats on this new venture!


must check out this new challenge!
TFS!!!
hugs & blessings!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow that is too cool, love everything you used for this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com