Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our Creative Corner: A Color Challenge


Good morning and Happy Saturday! I'm so happy you stopped by this morning to view my sample for this week's color challenge over at Our Creative Corner. Our hostess, Wendy Jensen, has a wonderful color palette for you to work with this week.

When I first saw this color combo, I was pretty doubtful, but plunged in and I'm really happy with the results. It's nice to work with something out of the mainstream once in awhile and I had a lot of fun making this card. I took a sneek peek at the other designers samples this week and they are all really fabulous.

For my card, I made the bottom panel, which looks very much like gingham, using a crimper. I ran a panel of So Saffron through the crimper. Then I sponged all the high points with Old Olive. Then I ran it through the crimper again in the opposite direction and again hit the high points with Old Olive. I don't have Early Expresso so I stamped the flourish and the text on the panels with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The splatters were made by mixing water, one dropperful of Vintage Photo distress ink and a small scoop of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls, my new fav embellie. Shake and spray. The flowers were made by stamping the flowers from Best Blossoms with So Saffron and Cherry Cobbler, trimming them out and coating hem with Tim Holtz Crackle Accents.

Products Used: SU Script background stamp, Best Blossoms and Elements of Style. The text stamp on the heart was won in a blog candy and has no manufacturer's marking whatsoever. Ink: Tim Holtz Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Old Olive

Accessories: Lace from Jo-Ann's, Bead Caps from eBay, Flourish is a BossCuts die

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will join in the color challenge fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting and for any comments you care to leave.

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
Lexi's Creations - Emboss It

20 comments:

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the background (must try that)it's very effective.

Irene said...

Hello Linda

You nevetr fail to amaze me with your fabulous creations and ideas.

I just love every single detail of your card, and the faux gingham paper - genius.

luv
irene
xxxx

Julie Leblanc said...

Wow, lots of details. Beautiful card :-)

Clare said...

I LOVE the colors you used, really rich and warm! Fabulous details!

slbt17 said...

beautiful! - I just love these colors and you executed it so wonderfully!
Sandra

Wendy J. said...

Linda, you did a great job with this color challenge! Beautiful card! I love those little flowers with the metal centers!

Sarah Gough said...

So pretty Linda! love the flourishes!

Lori Rider said...

Linda, this is beautiful! No one does vintage better than you. I love how you used the colors and all the flourishes are fabulous!

ellepaulette said...

Oooh! This is such a lovely card! Beautiful colors and great layout!!

Juls said...

wow!! just utterly gorgeous! Hugs Juls

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Thank you for the idea about how to make the ginham paper--I have a crimper and think I've used it once in the 5 years I've owned it, so I'm glad to have an idea on something I can do with it.
Have a great day :-)

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Thank you for the idea about how to make the ginham paper--I have a crimper and think I've used it once in the 5 years I've owned it, so I'm glad to have an idea on something I can do with it.
Have a great day :-)

Annika said...

Amazing! If I had all those stamps (which I don't) I probably wouldn't have a clue what to do with them. You have mixed them so imaginatively and the result is stunning!!
Hugs
Annika

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda this is another gorgeous creation! Love the details and the layout is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow Linda!! This is a real TREASURE!
Hugs Viv xxx

Payne Holler Cards said...

it's a beauty - cant imagine a challenge out there that you couldnt nail perfectly (-:

Helen Dooley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along on FOr Fun this week.

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful card you have created. I love that swirl and your color scheme. Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week.
"Hugs" Carol

marsha said...

Linda, what a stunning, stunning card! I love your design and the paper you chose - absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us for the Pixie Dust Studio challenge this week, hope you will join us again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
PDS-DT

Jolara said...

what a stunning card ! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week ! Joyce x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com