Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sweet Little "Miss"



Welcome to Wednesday! It's Isabella Sketchbook time again and this week we are challenging you to make a card that hides something. I chose a pocket card since I have never made a design like this before. I used the Isabella's Sketchbook Waiting image which I think is among the sweetest in her digi boutique. I colored her with Copics and did some paper piecing to create wall paper and the window shade. I printed the sentiment and the digital designer paper on my printer and I finally found a perfect use for my SU crocheted flower.



Products Used:
Samps: Waiting by Isabella's Sketchbook
Paper: SU Cardstock - Wild Wasabi and Whisper White, DP is from the Oh So Shabby Paper Packs 1 & 2 from Raspberry Road Designs
Ink: Copics, Creamy Caramel and Vintage Photo, Printer Ink
Accessories: SU Border Punch, Spellbinders Fancy Tag Die, lace and ribbon from Jo-Ann's, crocheted flower from Stampin' Up! The pink cord came as a freebie with something I ordered. I wish I remember where because I would like to order more - LOL!!

Now it's time to hustle on over to Isabella's Sketchbook challenge to see what the other designers have been up to this week. I'm sure it's something special because we have a truly talented design team!

AnnikaCecDianaJackieLindaLisaPeggyPeriRandiSharonSueViv


Challenges Entered:
The Shabby Tea Room - Delicate Cottage Rose (see inspiration photo on blog)
Order of the Opus Gluei - You Gotta Move It (out of your stash)
Stamptacular Sunday - Buttons and Bows
Sentimental Sundays - Ribbon or Lace
Alphabet Challenge - P is for Punches
Frosted Designs - Recipe Challenge: Use 5 or more of: Punch, Felt, Ribbon, Colors pink, blue or purple, flowers, banner, bird, buttons, butterfly, glitter
Allsorts Challenge - Paper Piercing/Paper Piecing
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - What Are Little Girls Made Of?

32 comments:

Sian said...

Beautiful card, looks very pretty with the lace, and great image.

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the lace and the gingham ribbon! Hugs Juls

nessy said...

this is just too sweet ~love all the gorgeous detail!!
vanessa xx

Cec said...

This is adorable and I love how you hid the image rather than a sentiment. And the paper piecing is wonderful especially with those perfect papers.
Hugs!
Cec

Peri said...

How pretty Linda! I'm glad you got an opportunity to use your crochet flower - it's perfect for this card. Love the hidden image - gorgeous.
Hugs
Peri x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda, the image is so lovely and shaded to perfection. Sue C x

NoraAnne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous :)

Viv said...

Wow! You hid the image, what a great idea! This is so sweet, love the crochet flower and lace & ribbon! Viv xx

Cindy Groh said...

Amazing cards. Love them:)

Cor* said...

Linda this is stunning. Love the vintage feel. Great coloring, ribbon & lace. Such a great "miss you" card! PERFECT!

slinkycat said...

oh wow this is a stunning card but especially that image!!

Leanne x

Lisa said...

Hi Linda, I love how you hid the image in the card. Just adorable!! I am going to have to looking for that DP, it's so pretty!

Joni Parker said...

Wow....Love that tag in the pocket!!! Beautiful & genius!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge!

papertrails leaver said...

this is absolutely beautiful! Great textures with the card and lots of color!

HappyCrafter said...

Oh how sweet! I love that lace and the floral dp too, all fits together perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, such a pretty design

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
x

Leonie said...

O so gorgeous! Loving the total vinatge feel especially with the crochet flower and the gingham ribbon! thanks for joining in with us for our buttons and bows challenge over at SSC.
Hugs leonie

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, I love the flower! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

PapierGirl said...

Linda this card is just darling! I love how you laced the ribbon thru the eyelet lace and your coloring on that sweet image is just wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Linda! I love your pocket card creation. Sweet image and tag, and I adore the papers and ribbon treatments you've used. Thanks for sharing another beauty with us at TSTR.

Cheryl said...

Aww, this is so sweet!

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays “Ribbons or Lace” challenge. I hope you will join us for our new challenge on Sunday.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and tag Linda! I adore the colors and the shabby/vintage feel. Have a great weekend:)

Jana said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love how you've weaved the ribbon into the lace. And that image is perfect. Thanks for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Gemma said...

What a sweet card, love the lace and especially the flowers, my goal this holiday was to learn how to make them! Very many lovely details on your card! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week! Hugs Gemma PS we need some new DT members....!!!

Debbie said...

Super sweet design this week, Linda! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us in the Tea Room :)

Graphicat said...

This is so lovely! I love how you've made the wallpaper in the image the same as on the card! It's just wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week,
cheers
Cheri

Carolyn said...

Amazing design. Just love how the image is on the tag. I love how you did this. Awesome job. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Sprytebyrd said...

Love this card! Love the unique layout and the image on the tag is so clever!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Buttons & Bows challenge!
Don't forget to check out our Design Team Call!!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Marianne-db said...

wow, this is so beautiful. I love stitching on cards and I love all the cute detail! Thanks for joining our fun at Stamptacular this week!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! My eyes are popping out of my HEAD!!!! This is absolutely STUNNING Linda!!! FABULOUS!!! Hugs Viv xxx

Rosemary said...

I agree with the poster above - this is stunning and sure to bring a smile to its recipient! Love it.

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei, I hope you try out our next challenge!

Sandy Ang said...

What a cleverly disguised tab pull. Not your normal colours but I like it so much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com