Tuesday, August 3, 2010

JustRite Guest Designer - Day 2


Hello again, thanks for coming back to check out Day 2 of my guest designer stint on the JustRite Inspirations blog.

I’m not fond of giving purchased gifts (can you say too many picture frames?) but I love to make handmade gifts. Many times I just make a keepsake card for a birthday. I believe the recipient can get many hours of enjoyment out of having something lovely to look at on their desk or kitchen counter. I use stitching on my cards as an added design element which I feel adds interest and texture. To add to the retro look, I have incorporated a good deal of distressing, done both with scissors and sponging. This card is finished off on the inside and also comes tucked inside a special gift box. To tie everything together, the tissue paper has also been stamped with the same stamps as the card. Please shoot over to the JustRite Inspirations blog to see photos of the inside of the card and the gift box.

Products Used:
JustRite Stampers ®: JB-09225 Birthday Sentiments, JB-09745 Hope Borders and Centers, JB-09200 Baroque Nested Frames and Occasions
Dies & Punches: Stanpin’ Up! Scallop Trim Border Punch, Spellbinders Labels 1, Spellbinders Fancy Tags
Paper: Stampin’ Up! Real Red, Garden Green and Bashful Blew, English Garden DP by Marking Memories
Ink: Real Red, Garden Green, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Ribbon from Stampin’ Up!, buttons from Jo-Ann’s, sewing machine

I'm so happy you stopped by today to see what I made for Day 2. I have something special for you to see tomorrow so be sure to stop by and see what I have created for Day 3. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments!

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:

12 comments:

Sian said...

Love it, gorgeous colours and desigin, love the sentiments and the bow is fab!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Fabulous! Such a pretty card and I love how you finished the inside. The box is super too. Great idea to present it as a gift.

Christine said...

Just wonderful....

cheryl said...

oh wow how stuning is this the coulrs design,sentiment perfection,hugs cheryl xxx

Nancy said...

Oh, this is sweet!! Love the colors, the very vintage feel of it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty, love the DP, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

I'm with you on that one ... would love something like this sitting on my counter ... Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

lauren bergold said...

oh wow*wow*wow! YES, you are completely right--you do not even need a gift when your handmade card is as beautifully designed and constructed as this wonderfully elegant and appealing piece of *ART*! truly extraordinary and fabulous!

cnelson said...

Soooo scrumptiously gorgeous!! LOVE it!! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Faye said...

Gorgeous, absolutely lovely. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. xx

Unknown said...

this is so cute, love the flowet, thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Sandy Ang said...

It's definitely yummy ! Admire how you combine patterns and colours on your card.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com