Monday, August 23, 2010

Autumn Accordion Tag


It's that time of the week when we have the wonderful unveiling of DT projects for Simon Says Stamp and Show. I hope you are as excited as I am for Monday morning to come around so you can find out what our weekly challenge is and to be inspired by the design team's samples. This week we are challenging you to make a project in your best Tim Holtz style. For many people, Tim Holtz brings tags to mind and you'll see that held true for the design team as well. I chose to make tags too - with a twist. Mine is a home decor project - an accordion style tag celebrating the autumn months. The four panels represent August with a back-to-school theme, September - the true beginning of autumn, October with Halloween and Thanksgiving in November.


Even with no stitching, this was a fairly labor-intensive project, but it was a lot of fun so I didn't mind. Plus I have decided to keep it myself and use it in my fall decorating. Fall is my favorite season and I love to decorate my home with leaves, pumpkins and other autumn icons.
I have quite a few Tim Holtz embellishments, but not many of his stamps. So I relied on other stamps seasonal stamps that had a vintage feel to them and added the TH embellishments. I must say, I was rather nervous again this week when trying to come up with an idea for a project. The bar is very high with the talent on this DT and I didn't want to let my teammies down. Now that the project is finished, photographed and posted, I'm feeling pretty good about the outcome.

I hope you'll play along with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show. The prizes are always fantastic and you can't win if you don't play! I'm sure you'll want to visit the blogs of the other talented design team members:

♥Linda Elbourne, DT Coordinator - A Crafting Journey
♥ Dan - My Crafty Life
♥ Lynne Forsythe - The Next Best Thing
♥ Lori Hassler - I Been Thinkin'...'Bout Inkin'
♥ Nancy Crissinger - What's Next???
♥ Nancy Wethington - Art From the Heart
♥ Terry Weitsma-Girbes - Terry's Cards & Creativity
♥ Katie Davis - Chantilly Rose
♥ Kim Costello - Paperbabe

Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see what you make for the Tim Holtz inspired challenge this week!

Blessings & hugs,

29 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

Such a cool and interesting project, I am not surprised you will hoard this treasure for your own home decorating, it is something to be proud of :-)

stephanne said...

Holy canoli!! This is astounding!! So many wonderful things to look at, like a feast for the eyes!! Wonderful work, I have been looking at it for a while now and I think when I go back to look some more, there will still be tons to discover!! Gorgeous work!!
hugs, stephanne

Viv said...

Wow Linda! This is so cool! A lot of work in this piece and you must be pretty proud of how it turned out, I would be! Gorgeous! Viv xx

Sian said...

Wow, gorgeous creation, love it!

Unknown said...

Miss Linda ... you have rocked this challenge ... I totally LOVE your screen ... so much to look at ... a beautiful piece!

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Awesome:) This is so much fun !!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!!! Your creations are always so stunning!

Lynne Forsythe said...

OMW Linda....I can almost smell the fall air and feel the crispness of it!! to invoke such is AMAZING FEELING is PHENOMENAL!!! LOVE IT!!

Lori said...

This is so COOL Linda! I just love each and every page, you really nailed the theme!

peggysue said...

Oh that is so cool. I haven't made an accordion tag in such a long time, this one is really neat, so much detail.

Christine said...

Incredible Linda!

nessy said...

wonderful creation ~ so much work has gone into it ~ stunning!
vanessa xx

Beverly G said...

This is absolutely WOW! I was going to make a glib comment about sewing, but even without sewing you're the tops girl.

Janna Werner said...

that honestly rocks!

Janna

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Linda,

This project is absolutely breath taking!! Wow, I just love the layout and all the elements and punches of color!! Brilliant!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Tracy Evans said...

I love autumn and like you love autumnal decorations around the house so I really like your piece this week, very inspiring and would look great on an autumnal table decoration. Good idea to keep it yourself after all that hard work, but it was worth all the effort, stunning. Tracy Evans x

CarlaKH said...

Boy you rocked this challenge- totally fabulous.

Juls said...

wow this is just amazing! Hugs Juls

Trish said...

Absolutely STUNNING! I love it!

Terry said...

Outstanding display! Love all four scenes! So much interest in each section! Love it!

Artyjen said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing your inspiration
xoxo Sioux

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is stunning - love all the vibrant colours in it and the details you put in it

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Um...so...this is AWESOME!!! I love the halloween section especially, but they all look amazing! Nice collage work! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!

-Sarah

Dan said...

This is wonderful, it's really put me in a Halloween mood already! :)

Anonymous said...

Linda,

This accordion tag is just OUTSTANDING, the flow of "color", the layout, the fall theme, OH..just stunningly BEAUTIFUL. (Wish I had made it!)

......You've just inspired me to get busy with FALL crafts! ....always a PLEASURE dropping in to visit your FAB creations!

Kim x said...

Fantastic tag screen Linda, so much to look at in each scene it's brilliant.
Kim x

Unknown said...

Oh my...Your creations is stunning! Must look really stunning IRL!!! Love the colors 6 details you have added!

Maria said...

This is so beautiful. Love all the Tim's details you added, all together stunning.
Maria

Joanne Leddy said...

Very cool! Love the autumn colors and Halloween ... WOW! Awesome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com