Friday, August 13, 2010

Changing Seasons


It's Friday - time for fun with the Fairy, the Prairie Fairy that is. Our challenge to you for Fairy Fun Friday is this inspiration photo. The colors just made me think fall, and since I'm officially in fall now, I decided to take the Villa Road image and color it up into an idyllic autumn scene.

I spent quite a while coloring this with Copics. Then I mounted it onto some ancient SU DP that I had embossed with a new Tim Holtz embossing folder. I added a a vintage calendar downloaded from a free vintage image site, Clearly Vintage. The sentiment was printed on my computer. I purchased that gorgeous piece of hardware from Emma's Paperie over a year ago and it has been languishing in my stash waiting for the perfect home. The brad on the calendar is from Michael's.

Products Used:
Stamps: Villa Road by Prairie Fairy, sentiment was printed on my computer
Paper: Autumn Meadows (retired) DP by SU, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla
Ink: Copics, Printer Ink, Creamy Caramel and Vintage Photo DI
Accessories: Collage Texture Fade from Tim Holtz, Spellbinders labels dies, don't remember when I purchased the ribbon

That's it, now it's time to check out the rest of the DT's samples on the Fairy Fun Friday challenge blog. Hope to see a beautiful creation by you entered into this week's challenge! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
If the Shoe Fits - Use Die Cuts

32 comments:

Lori said...

Oh this is just so wonderful, you make that image look so fantastic. And I love the sepia little girl, such wonderful style and texture!

Sue said...

One word....STUNNING!
love all the details in this card, and that postcard is adorable.
Have fantastic weekend
Sue x

Sian said...

Stunning card, love your style.

BEARKIS said...

Много хубава мисъл и чудесни есенни тонове!Поздрави!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Oh my, this is breathtaking Linda. I am literally sitting here in awe of you. You are one talented gal!

Juls said...

so gorgeous! I love the mix of vintage images and that fab gingham bow! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

This is so so beautiful. I just love every little detail. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Suzi Mac said...

You have done a wonderful job on that image Linda, so so gorgeous, love the postcard and your sentiment. You have such a way with this type of card. Glorious. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

I love this Linda, the colours are just so warm , I think Autumn is my favourite season, the colours are just so beautiful. That is one yummy piece of hardware too ! Sue C x

Margreet said...

It's so awesome what you can do with an image.......this is just a picture!!!.....you did a great job!
Hope you have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. I would not have thought to color the image like that. I think it was a great idea.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Linda this is amazing that image the colours and design this is one ACE creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

CarlaKH said...

so gorgeous...love the colors and the sentiment...fabulous!

Unknown said...

wow! this is just...WOW! i love it...the fall colors are just beautiful, i love your image, and the shabby/vintage appeal is just fabulous! thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP It!
tracey

Unknown said...

Linda...this I think is my all time fave! Love it! Every last detail is just breathtaking!

xoxoxo

lesleyworth said...

stunning! everything about it just gets my scrappy mojo going! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

France Ringuette said...

WOW

Oh such a stunning vintage piece. Truly Lovely !
Thanks for joining our challenge at Paper Sundaes !

Marie said...

Lovely card!

Thank’s for participating in Alot ‘Distress’ challenge!

Marie

Pattie said...

Oh Linda, this is absolutely gorgeous...I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes - the metal frame and antique brad are fabulous!

Fiona said...

fab card...very classy. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Nana said...

Wow, fabulous card! Love it!
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Kelly said...

Linda, I have to say this card is jaw dropping for me. I absolutely love it, you couldn't have done any part of it better than you did it!! A++++

Unknown said...

I was stunned when I saw this card Linda!! It's SO beautiful and makes mine look a 5 year old made it!! LOL (Sorry 5 year olds). Perfection!
Hugs Viv xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

OH LINDA..............YOU ROCKED THIS!!!! WOWSERS!!!!
What a beautiufl card sweetie...
I miss you..
hugs, Janiel

Cor* said...

What an amazingly beautiful creation you made with the villa road image. Gorgeoius with that little girl and sentiment! Can't forget the great big bow!! Great interpretation!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Stunning. Just Stunning.
Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes

Hugs,
Wendy

Claudine Poch said...

This is fabulous! So many great details on this one. Thanks for sharing this with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Digis.

Bev said...

STUNNING, so much detail in this card. love the stamp and the colours are fab. ty for joining us at crafty sentiment digi desin xxx

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful! I love all the vintage pieces you tied together. Wonderful!

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Linda,

This card is soooo stunning; I love the colors, the ribbon, the images,the sentiment, well everything about it!


Take care,
S.

HappyCrafter said...

WOW! wow wow wow, this is so fabulous, I just love it!

Kelly said...

Linda, This is lovely. Your cards always stand out.
Wonderful colours

Kelly

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com