Friday, August 6, 2010

Teapot in Teal


Well, another week is almost over and we are at the threshold of the weekend. That means it's time for us to show our stuff over at Fairy Fun Friday. This week our challenge is to use a circle frame. Just the idea of a frame to me conjures up a vintage image in my mind so that's the direction I went in. I made faux chipboard by cutting three layers of cardstock with my Spellbinders dies (three layers glued together because the Spellbinders dies are not deep enough to cut real chipboard - darn!). Then I painted it with Picket Fence crackle paint. But alas, when I opened my crackle paint, it was rather dried up so I added a bit of water. I have done this successfully before, but this time I added too much water and it was runny. It didn't really set up and crackle nicely. I decided to paint over it with Vintage Photo crackle paint and this is the result. I like it - very interesting cracks. I also sponged the edges with Vintage Photo DI. I made up the sentiment myself and printed it on my computer on a scrap of DP. A Spellbinders Fancy Tags die was used to create the filagree background for the sentiment and again used to create the element in the upper left corner. The teapot, a Prairie Fairy image, was printed on Neenah Solar White and colored with Copics. I decided the top half of the image circle was too bare so I printed out a bunch more flowers from the teapot, cut them out and mounted them inside the frame. Under the frame is a strip of Bermuda Bay CS, stamped with the Scrip stamp with Vintage Photo, edges sponged and then the strip was pleated, a eyelet was set in each side and a scrap of shabby seam binding tied through. I love the earthy feel to this piece and now I just need to figure out who to give it to.

Products Used:
Stamps: Tea Time by The Prairie Fairy, SU Script background stamp, sentiment computer generated
Paper: DP - K&Co., CS by SU - Bermuda Bay and Chocolate Chip
Ink: Printer Ink, Creamy Caramel, Vintage Photo DI and Copics
Dies/Punches: Spellbinders Classic Circles and Scallops & Fancy Tags
Accessories: Bead caps purchased on eBay, shabby seam binding purchased on Etsy, sewing machine.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope to see you this week over at Fairy Fun Friday. Please stop by and say hello to the other wonderful designers on this team:

♥Margreet - Margreet's Scrapcards ♥Suzi - Sugar n Spice♥Viv - Crafting Haven♥ Hege-Annie - Hege-Annie's Paper {He}Art++ ♥Ann - Raindrop Echo Designs ♥Carla - Carla's Corner ♥Corry - Fancy Free 4Ever ♥Lori - Just Ducky ♥Kelly - Kelly's Kreative Korner♥Trisha - T-Bear's Touch ♥Sue - Arty's

Blessings & peace,

19 comments:

Sue said...

I really love the cracked effect achieved around your image and the papers fit perfectly.Fab card!
Have great w/end
Sue x

BEARKIS said...

Много идейна композиция,кракле ефектът+пожеланието!Поздрави!

Cec said...

Wow, this is fantastic and you have given me some ideas about how to use my Fancy Tags dies. Love the colour scheme and as always, your colouring is phenomenal.
Hugs!
Cec

Margreet said...

wow Linda, this is really astonishing...I love the cracked effect and admire your small flowers!
xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Linda! I really love the way the crackle frame turned out. Now how do I repeat that again. Old dried up what with what next?????LOL!

Brandi said...

Ohhhh...This is absolutely gorgeous! :)

Kelly said...

Linda, this has to be one of my favorites that you have every done. I love the crackled scallop border, the curly tags, the individual flowers curved above the teapot. Just everything. This is truly your style the crackling makes me think of the old china teapots. Brilliant!!

nessy said...

so much detail to look at ~must have taken ages to complete ~ amazing creation!
vanessa xx

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the crackle circle frame, plus all the details.

Suzi Mac said...

Linda, what can I say that hasn't been said already, Outstanding work, a thousand per cent. Love every little detail, you are so inspiring.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lela said...

Love the crackle. I always say that mistakes in crafting are only opportunities. That K and Co paper is one of my faves.

Anonymous said...

Love it Linda ! I always find inspiration with your work, the frame is just fabulous ! The colour combo you've used is yummy too ! Sue C x

Lori said...

Your style is so unique. You make these original and beautiful cards. I just love everything you do!

Juls said...

wow! I love this so much! Just gorgeous! Hugs Juls

CarlaKH said...

Love this... my crackle paints are temperamental too.. sometimes I can revive them and sometimes not. Your details are just fabulous!

Terry said...

Hiya Linda love your card and even more would love to drink a cuppa with ya
But what did I see, or better did not see hihihi I am missing in your list of teamies sweetie...oepsie....
Hugs Terry xxxx

Cor* said...

Great crackle effect. Gosh how do u have to patience for all those details.....that are soooooooooooo worth it in the end! Great little flowers you cut out and your stitching rocks.

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Linda this is superb I so love this shabby chic style the colours and design as well as that image is just wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Linda, you put so much work into this card....and it shows!! It's totally gorgeous!!! Hugs Viv xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com