Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vintage Blues


Today is the day for the bi-weekly Creative Card Crew challenge and our team mate Sandie Shores has come up with a great sketch challenge for you. You'll find the sketch on the Creative Card Crew blog. You'll notice that I have rotated it 45 degrees to accommodate my design. I started with a shell of Very Vanilla followed by a layer of Chocolate Chip. The yellow DP is the retired Bella Birds from SU. Next I embossed a layer of Very Vanilla with a Cuttlebug embossing folder from the Fancy Corners set, flipped it over and use the debossed side which I brayered with Faded Jeans DI. The same embossing folder was used on the Very Vanilla mat for the vintage label which I downloaded from The Graphics Fairy. All edges were sponged with Creamy Caramel. The sentiment was printed on my computer and die cut with a Spellbinders die. Some bead caps, SU brads, lace, buttons prima flowers and beads from the SU Pretties kit finished the card off.

Now it's time to hop on over to the Creative Card Crew to see the sketch and the rest of the team's samples. This week our sponsor is Crafty Addicts and the prize is three pearl pens. And I'm off to find some challenges to play in with this card. I'll update today's challenges by mid-morning Eastern Time.

Thanks for stopping by today and for any comments you care to leave. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section and then check back for an update to the post with my response.

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges entered:
Alphabet Challenge - L is for Lace
Crazy4Challenges - Use Buttons
Totally Gorgeous - Thinking of You
The Shabby Tea Room - Garden Inspiration and/or Color Challenge:Greens, Creams, Yellows, Reds & Whites

18 comments:

Sian said...

Yay, I can see your cards again.
Gorgeous card, love all the details and wonderful image.
Have a great day.

Annika said...

Another total masterpiece I'd love to TOUCH!! Soooo beautiful - and your idea of the design around the sentiment label just ROCKS!!!
Hugs
Annika

CarlaKH said...

absolutely gorgeous...love the colors and the embossing ...fabulous.

Christine said...

Love the blues, great card!

ellepaulette said...

This is just so lovely!! Beautiful work!!

Irene said...

Hello Linda

Wow this is just gorgeous. I love the label it's fantastic. oooooooooooo and your goregeous cuttling and colours - perfect.

luv
irene
xxxx

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful! x

Maria Matter said...

oh this is gorgeous Linda!!! I love all the embossing...really adds to the overall effect!
It's a real work of art hun!
blessings!

Unknown said...

So pretty, the blues with the creams make a stunning card.
love it.
Thanks for joining in at J.I Challenges

Anne said...

Wow gorgeous Linda love it thanks for joining us over @ J I this week
Anne xx

Kat said...

This is beautiful. Love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Daniele said...

so lovin this well done thanks for joining us Just Inspirational hugs

Lesley said...

Beautiful card Linda! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Joni Parker said...

this is stunning....wowzer...love all details... Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Nicole said...

So pretty! Love the blue backgournd! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and layers and just adore your embossing/debossing. Love the distressing and aging, too, and what a lovely vintage image from the Graphics Fairy. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Debbie said...

Very pretty, Linda! I {heart} the vintage seed packet image! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Deb Hickman said...

Very pretty. I love the vintage feel and the image is gorgeous.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com