Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Celebrating Life!


Hello and welcome to my Wednesday post for Isabella's Sketchbook. This week's challenge is "Anything Goes" combined with an Isabella's Sketchbook image. We thought it would be a great week to relax, kick back and enjoy the summer. So check your inventory of Isabella's Sketchbook images, pick one out and have a go. You could win two of Isabella's delightful images. The one I used is called Cup Stack and I don't believe it's available yet. I digitally paper pieced it, including the background of the image panel using the Sweet Violets digital paper pack from Designer Digitals. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch and also lined the colors up with this week's Just For Fun Color Challenge which is to use purple, green and blue.

The die cuts were cut with a Cuttlebug die, the embossing folder used was from Stampin' Up! I used two different Spellbinders dies, the sentiment was a lovely freebie from Ann Vento at Raindrop Echo Designs/Sentimental Sundays Challenge. You can buy her digital sentiments from Whimsey Stamps. The mini library clip is from SU and the button is from Jo-Ann's.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

Now it's time to stop by Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge Blog and the blogs of my teamies. I do so hope you will be able to play along with us this week!

AnnikaCecDianaJackieLindaLisaPeggyPeriRandiSharonSueViv

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Blessings & hugs,

17 comments:

Sian said...

Wonderful card, love the design with the cups and the sentiment is lovely.

Christine said...

Just beautiful....

Cec said...

I love this with the beautiful digital papers in such a fabulous colour scheme. Simply beautiful.
Hugs!
Cec

Unknown said...

This is so cute.. Love that tea cup image...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda ! When I saw this image I have to admit I was wondering how I was going to use it, but now I've seen your card I am inspired ! Just wish I knew how to digitally paper piece ! Sue x

P.S. Thanks for the kind thoughts for my Mum.

Glenda said...

Love the tea cups! You did a wonderful job! Thanks for playing along in the JFF Color Challenge this week!

Annika said...

You. Have. The. Coolest. Knack. For. Conceptual. Cards.
Really.
And you have interpreted the sketch so cleverly, I recognized the sketch right away, yet it was not another typical approach!!!
You are COOL, woman!!!
Hugs
Annika

Starla said...

I really like how you used the dies as embellishments. Your layout works great with this image! Glad you played along with JFF this week!

raindropecho said...

I love it, Linda! The way you framed the sentiment is just gorgeous and of course, the colors on this are just great!

- Ann

Peri said...

Linda, great minds think alike - but I love the way we're also very different! This is a brilliant take on this image - love, love, love it!
Hugs
Peri xx

Viv said...

Okay, I was a bit stumped when I saw this image but seeing it like this...WOW! LOVE your card Linda! Those sentiments of Ann's are fab aren't they? I've bought a few too, can't resist them. Love the little paperclip! Viv xx

Justine said...

Oh WOW, I am embarrassed to post my little tea cup card after seeing this. Great job

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Loving all the tea cups! Hugs Juls

Lori said...

Wow wow wow, this is awesome, you are such an artist!

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card! I like the pattern on the cups, and of course the sentiment is a peice of art :-)

Joseline said...

Beautiful card!! I love all of Isabella's digi.

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Linda, I love what you did with those cups! I almost used the same image but I couldn't get a clean cut inside the handles. Yours looks great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com