Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun With Die Cuts


Good moring friends! I'm so happy you stopped by this morning to check out my sample for the Creative Card Crew challenge. This week, Jen is our hostess and she has challenged us to use die cuts on our creations. We all love our dies and die cutting machines, don't we? So this should be a fun challenge for everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing what you all can do.

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp and they have offered a generous prize - a $20 gift certificate. So that should be a great incentive for you to join in our To Die For challenge!

Photobucket

My sample was made using one of the JustRite stamps I won earlier this spring. I'm not sure why I ended up with so much red in this card, but I really like it. I started with the K&Co. DP and since the one paper had some red in it, I decided on red for my die cut and everything got out of hand from there. I was working on it on the 4th of July so maybe I had red on the brain or maybe because it rained here in Miami all of the holiday weekend I felt the need to brighten things up. Red is my favorite color so when my mojo headed in that direction, I just let it run wild.

All the layers in the center medallion were cut with various Spellbinder dies. I'm not going to name them all here, but if you can't identify one, let me know and I'll do an update at the bottom of this post. The flowers are from Prima, the buttons from Foo-fa-la and the clip is from the SU Hodge Podge Hardware. I bought the gorgeous red crinkle ribbon on Etsy. That's about it - nothing tough or involved on this one. Just a lot of cool die cuts!

Please be sure to stop by the Creative Card Crew blog to check out the wonderful samples from the rest of the team. And sometime over the next two weeks, I'll be looking for your To Die For card linked to the challenge!

As always, thanks for stopping by and for all the lovely comments.

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:

Little Red Wagon - Use Nestabilities

10 comments:

Sian said...

Wonderful card, love the bold red against the muted colours.

Christine said...

You've created a gem Linda!

Edith said...

Beautiful card Linda! I love the mix of colors and shapes:)

Beautiful Greetings said...

This is so beautiful Linda! I just love all that red!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hi Linda! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you have been!
Your card is wonderful! Love the colors and design. Beautifully done!
Denise

Maria Matter said...

this is so beautiful Linda, love your shabby chic look, just beautiful!
hugs & blessings!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty with the die cuts on it.

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, I forgot how much I love those colors together! Thanks for the inspiration! ~Diane

Carolyn Wolff said...

Wow! Lots of details here. I am loving the distressed edges and the multiple Nesties. Thanks for joining in and playing along with LRW!

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com