Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Black-Eyed Susans


It's Wednesday again and you know what that means, don't you? That's right, it's time for another challenge at Isabella's Sketchbook. Did you see the graphic on the sidebar? Isabella's Sketchbook is having a one-day sale TODAY!! Images are just $2 so get over there and get shopping. You need to use an Isabella's image to enter the challenge.

It's a 3-D/paper tole challenge. This week we want to see your cut out and popped up images. I used this new image from Isabella's Sketchbook called Sunny Flowers. I think it was probably designed to be a daisy, but I was in a yellow and brown mood and mine became Black-Eyed Susans, a favorite wildflower of mine, and was colored with Copics.

I did use a couple of other stamps on this project because I wanted to do some embossing and I just don't have any luck embossing with digis on anything except vellum. So the flourishes around the perimenter of the card are a Verve stamp and the flower on the main panel is an ancient, long retired SU stamp called Summer Sunflowers. Both were stamped with Versamark and clear embossed. I also used the SU Linen BG stamp on the main panel, stamped in Baja Blue. I sponged the Baja Blue panel with Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip and then a bit of Vintage Photo, using the lightest colored ink first and building it up. The DP is from Cosmo Cricket, the More Mustard squares were embossed with the Cuttlebug Fancy Corners EF and the Chocolate Chip panel was embossed with the Diamonds in the Rough EF from Cuttlebug. A little hemp twine and buttons and this card was good to go. No stitching again, but the good news is my sewing machine is fixed and I picked it up yesterday afternoon. So I'll be back to stitching on my cards with my Friday post.

Please drop by the Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge blog and check out the rest of the DTs' samples. Wonderful work this week from the very talented team. And if you want to stop by their blog and leave some love, here are all the links you will need.

AnnikaCecDianaJackieLindaLisaPeggyPeriRandiSharonSueViv

Thanks for dropping by today and for your lovely comments!

Blessings & hugs,

16 comments:

marsha said...

These are just luscious! Great technique!

Hugs, Marsha

cheryl said...

oh wow linda,gosh how lush,is this wow just amazing,hun love hugs cheryl xxx

Christine said...

Gorgeous Linda!

Margreet said...

this is really beautiful Linda!
xxx Margreet

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour combination.

Cec said...

What a gorgeous card. Your colouring is fabulous and I love all the different layers. Makes the card look so rich.
Hugs!
Cec

Peri said...

Beautiful and bold, Linda - super card. Love the layering and the colour combo.
Hugs
Peri x

Edith said...

This is beautiful Linda! I love papers, the sketch and the image. Great work on layers, wonderful mix:)

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, this is amazing! Love the distressing and the popped up flowers.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda, the colours compliment each other perfectly and the embossing adds a wonderful dimension. Sue C x

Viv said...

OOOOOh! Love these colours, the embossing and the layout is just fab! Beautiful Linda! Viv xx

JACKIE M said...

Linda I love all the detail and techniques you captured in your card, beautiful.

Jackie

Annika said...

Gorgeous rich colours and I'm totally in awe of your detail cutting!!!
Hugs
Annika

Irene said...

Morning Linda

Oh Wow another stunner !!!! Love all the textures especially the embossing and rich colours. I love how you tear around your paper. Perfect.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sharon said...

Lovely one Linda, a real work of art. hugs Sharon

slbt17 said...

WOW! Wonderful!
Sandra

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com