Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cork-a-Doodle-Do




Good morning, friends! Isn't this a wonderful wake-up call? I sincerely love this rooster from Isabella's Sketchbook. But first let's talk about the really cool challenge this week over at Our Creative Corner. Our fab hostess (and blog owner), Jennifer Meyer, has a wonderful challenge for us - use cork on your card. What a blast I had using this new media! The cork I purchased was from Michael's and came in sheets for around $7 a pack. It is very thin and works perfectly with your die cut machines. I started with this wonderful Rise and Shine image from Isabella's Sketchbook and the found a perfect match in a sentiment from Raindrop Echo Designs. (Don't you just love it when everything just seems to fall into place?)

There's not a lot more I can tell you about this card, but here goes. The digital image was colored with Copics on Flourishes card stock. The hearts were cut with a Cuttlebug die and the cork wings were traced on the cork from a Tim Holtz Grundgeboard set (I had already used the wings so I traced from the negative impression) and cut out. I honestly don't remember where the winged heart brad and the feather charm were from. The DP is again from a fav digital DP seller Designer Digitals. I'm sure there are lots of other details so if I have missed anything that you are dying to know, please leave a comment and I will update this post with the answer.
This type of funky collage card art is one of my favorites so I had a great time playing around with it. Now I hope you will stop by Our Creative Corner and see that the other designers have made to inspire you to use cork. And maybe you could stop by their individual blogs too. Here's their links to make it easy!


Thanks again for stopping by. Hope to see you over at Our Creative Corner!

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
Charisma Cardz - Watch the Birdie
Dare You to Digi - The Great Outdoors
My Crafting Partner in Crime - Summertime
Craft Your Passion - Stitching
Artful Inkables - Stitching

39 comments:

Sian said...

Wonderful card, love all the different textures.

Irene said...

Hello Linda

Oh this is just amazing,I love your work. Fabulous use of different textrres.

luv
irene
xxxx

Lisa said...

WOW!!! LOVING this card!!! Love the cork, the hearts, the ledger paper!!! Wonderful mixture and of course your coloring is to die for!

Lori Rider said...

So cool, Linda - you have such a great eye for mixing textures and patterns. Your rooster is fabulous!

Wendy J. said...

Great collage card, Linda! Love the rooster and your cork touches!

Jennifer Scull said...

wow! that is absolutely gorgeous! I love the tag & cork, but then I don't think there is an element on here that doesn't just gobsmack me! wonderful, Linda! :)

enjoy your weekend!

Judy said...

Wow.. I really love this card! Great LO, and love the colors. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

ellepaulette said...

This is soooo lovely!! Beautiful work!! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab sentiment.....great collage card....thank you for playing with the CCEE

Joseline said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Gotta go make me a card with cork. I have a few sheets left from a project I made during Christmas.

Monika Reeck said...

Beautiful card and I love all your texture on your card...Thanks for joining in with us on Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week, hugs, Monika

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda, I didn't know where to look first there is so much so take in and admire. The cork is a really fantastic added element. Sue C x

Lela said...

Love it! Beautiful rooster. Just the right amount of vintagy shabbiness. Great use of cork. I love it. TFS.
Lela

Diane Gilbert said...

Beautiful collage card Linda! Love the cork touches!

merniebug said...

Thanks for sharing your darling card with us here at Didi Doodle for this weeks texture challenge. This card just knocks my socks off.

Juls said...

fabulous!! Just Love it! Hugs Juls

Powerful Search Engine said...

Oh Wow this is so wonderful in every way.Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge hugs Pascale

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome card, love the colors and such a great sentiment to go with your image!

Claudine Poch said...

Wow, lots of details on this one. The stitching is very nice and your rooster is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

KymKreates said...

Wow!!! The TEXTURE is fabulous, I can feel it through my monitor!!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and Good Luck!
xoxo,
KymKreates

Anonymous said...

An amazing creation.So many details and so beautifully put together.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Lisa x

Karen said...

Really lovely, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Tracy Vinson said...

This is just over-the top Linda. I love all the use of textures you have incorporated in this one card. Miss you girl! Blessings, Tracy

sammi said...

Wow!!! This card is awesome! I love everything about it! What a cook idea to incorporate cork into the layout! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing this wonderful card at Craft Your Passion.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is fantastic! Thanks for plaing along with us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week!

Lauretta See said...

THIS IS STUNNING!
Thank you for joining us on the craft your passion challenge. Good luck!

HappyCrafter said...

WOW, this is fabulous! That sentiment is beautiful and inspiring, and the rooster ties into it just right.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Robin said...

ohhhh... I love it! All the bits go great together and the cork is fab! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Katja said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Love your project!
Greetings,
Katja

Jayne Hayward said...

Lovely coloured image and love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining in with us on DDSB

Jayne xx

Beverly G said...

What a rooster, I left you a little award check over at my blog.

Jóna said...

Love everything about your card !!
Thanks for joining our Texture-challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs, Jóna

Unknown said...

this is so much fun, thanks for playing with Charisma this week.

JR Creations said...

WOW! What a stunner! Great idea with the cork. Love the image too. Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

Jenny T.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

How AWESOME is this? REally? wOW!!! I love the title too :) LOL! Cork... hehehe! I am loving all these cards I am seeing with cork. yours rocks the house! Thank you for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with our texture challenge this week at DDSB!

-Jo:)
http://joboogie.typepad.com

Amber said...

Fabulous creation! I live on a farm and have lots of chickens so I adore the rooster theme! Love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs
Amber

Shirl said...

All your cards are soo beautiful they make such great inspiration. Thanks for sharing! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com