Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Posies 'n Punches


Hello and happy Wednesday! I'm so glad to be back among my blogging buddies! I was away for another long weekend in Key West. This was family weekend with all my DH's sisters and their DHs. Too many people and too fast-paced to be relaxing, but it was still great to spend time with the family. But now I am back -no more long weekends until the fall football season rolls around. I'm just starting to get back into the card-making groove and have a lot to catch up on.

I managed to get this card finished for this week's Isabella's Sketchbook challenge before I left so it was already "in the can". Our challenge this week is another easy one - use punches. I have been fascinated lately by Becca Feeken's amazing use of punches amd wanted to try more of her right angle punching. So I made this two-layer element according to her video tutorial and a Martha Stewart corner punch. I thought it was too plain so I wrapped it with vintage crinkled seam binding and added buttons. The image, Flower Song, is relatively new in Isabella's boutique. I decided to give it a vintage flavor with the retired Parisian Summer SU papers and Creamy Caramel sponging. It was colored with Copics and the sentiment was made up on my computer, which was then cut with a Spellbinders tag die. Let me know if you need any more information on anything here.

Now that you've had a peek at my DT card, I hope you will stop by the rest of the teams' blogs and pick up a little inspiration.

AnnikaCecDianaJackieLindaLisaPeggyPeriRandiSharonSueViv

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for any comments you care to leave.

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
Mark's Finest Papers - Use Punches
Paper Sundaes - Lots of Layers
Papertake Weekly - In the Garden
Stampin' Bees - Polka Dots
Truly Scrumptious - How Does Your Garden Grow?
Your Next Stamp - Flower Power
For Fun - Use Your Fav Coloring Medium - no die cuts as main image

33 comments:

Willy's creations said...

Looks beautiful.

Hugs,Willy

Sian said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and your style of cardmaking.

Christine said...

Gorgeous Linda!

Annika said...

OMG, that looks such a complicated technique!!! :o I wouldn't be able for it for the life of me!!
Of course the result is stunning, so intricate and different.
Re your question - I didn't sponge the background for strawberries, I coloured it in with Copics and then sponged the edges with Memento.
Hugs
Annika

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Linda, the punched panel is just stunning. I really love the colours you've used, almost Victorian. Sue C x

Viv said...

Linda this punchwork is FAB! What a great idea! Your card as always is perfect! Viv xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Linda this is stunning the colours that image the shapes wow I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lela said...

That technique looks fabulous. Thanks for posting the link to its creator. I'm off to watch the videos now.
Lela

Vicki Dutcher said...

Killer punches! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautiful....thanks for going 'dotty' with the Stampin B's

Crystal said...

This is so pretty! I love the layout and stitching! Thanks for playing along in our "lots of layers" challenge at Paper Sundaes :)

marsha said...

Gorgeous creation!

Hugs, Marsha

Benzi said...

Beautifully created. Great use of punches and I like the use of the seam binding. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's this week with your dots.

cheryl said...

oh wow this is stuning love how you have added the ribbon,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Irene said...

Morning Linda

What a stunning card, I love it.
Gorgeous papers and image wonderfully coloured in. Fablous embellishments.

luv
irene
xxxx

Anonymous said...

wow, looks amazing, great coloring!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Another beautiful creation Linda. I love the way your punches look and that image and your coloring are stunning.

Mandy said...

Absolutely stunning !

Thank you for joining us at PTW this week.

Mandy

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Linda, THis card is beautiful dear!!!! I love to peek in at your art work... You always insipre me.
hugs, Janiel

Donna Moore said...

Awe inspiring! I may have to case this one girl, would that be OK??
Beautiful!!

HappyCrafter said...

This is so beautiful!! I love that image and you've put together the card around it beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :-)

dawnmercedes said...

So nice!

Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Liz Williams said...

Oh, my goodness this is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing it with Speedy's Friends this week.

Heather said...

Beautiful card, love the colours, papers and that fabulously coloured image......great details.
Thanks for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs Heather xx

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card Linda, love how you have the weekly challenges along the top of your blog too :)

Jackie

Mina said...

stunning card Linda, fabulous use of the sketch...thanks for joining in with the Truly scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Lisa said...

Yowza...love this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FFC!

CraftinGranny said...

Fantastic job using Becky's tutorial. Just love her tutorials but mine never look near as good. You aced this one GF!
Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week.
"Hugs" Granny

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Linda. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun Challenge this week.
Amelia x

Helen Dooley said...

nice card. LOve the colors. Thanks for sharing with us on For Fun.

Unknown said...

OMG!! This card totally made my eyes pop! I LOVE the colour combination. Stunning, simply stunning and the punched panel is to die for!!!
Hugs Viv xxx

Wordbird said...

Another breath taking card Linda. You have so many creative ideas for beautiful embellishment! Always love to look at your projects! ;D Diana Q

Maureen said...

Really gorgeous and your punching is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com