Friday, July 16, 2010

It's a Boy Thing!

Yay, it's Friday! And that means another challenge from Prairie Fairy! That's right, hop on over to Fairy Fun Friday and check out the challenge and the DT inspiration. The challenge is "For the Boys". That's right, we always need more guy cards! I made mine pretty generic. It could be used for a birthday or some other occasion. I think it would be great just for inspiration for a young man. I was thinking of sending it to my son who had his 27th birthday last week. I was on vacation and never got a card made for him. This could be a belated birthday card. I think he would like it and I was thinking of him while I was creating this card.

Before I left for vacation, I was trying to alter a bathing suit I had purchased that didn't fit just right and I BROKE MY SEWING MACHINE. Can you imagine? The first time I have tried to sew on cloth in probably two years and the cloth was too thick. I heard a bad "thunk" and then the needle wouldn't go all the way down. I worked on it awhile last night to no avail so I ended up stitching this card by hand using some old, old crochet thread from my grandmother's sewing box. I actually like the way it turned out - very rustic looking but it is NOT something I want to do all the time. I dropped the machine off today at a local repair shop and am hoping to get it back in a week or so.

After using cork for the OCC challenge last week, I fell in love with it and here it is again! I think you may see it frequently until I get sick of it! It's really great for embellishing male-oriented cards. It adds some pizzaz without being girly. The image is called Pokin Puddles by the Prairie and the sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs. The image was colored with Copics and cut out with a Spellbinders label die. The cardstock and twill tape are from SU, the DP from Cosmo Cricket and the stars DP was someting from a local craft shop that I purchased about 10 years ago. The buttons are from Jo-Ann's and the brad from SU.

Here are the blog links for the Fairy Fun Friday design team. I hope you will pay them a visit this week and let them know how fabulous their work is! And be sure to stop by the blog and play along with us this week!
♥Suzi - Sugar n Spice
♥Carla - Carla's Corner
♥Corry - Fancy Free 4Ever
♥Lori - Just Ducky
♥Tonya - Stamp Happens
♥Trisha - T-Bear's Touch
♥Sue - Arty's
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a relaxing, sun filled weekend!
Challenges Entered:
Incy Wincy Designs - Distress It
My Time to Craft - Butterfly Bliss
Tuesday Throwdown - Stitching
Flutter By Wednesday - Use 3 layers and a fairy, angel or butterfy
Res-Q-Challenge - Don't be anemic, eat a hamburger (use red)
Stamp Something - Something Digital (both the image and sentiment are digital)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Babies/Children

21 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the cork and your picture looks so retro.

Suzi Mac said...

Awe Linda, the picture of your card is missing. I'm sure everyone wants to see it. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs Suzi x

Beverly G said...

All your die cuts really work together.

Anonymous said...

Ooh Linda the description sounds mouth watering, looking forward to seeing the photo ! ....lol....Sue C x

Cor* said...

The colors are tremendous together. The cork is ingenious and ALL that stitching by hand. You are kidding me! ACK!! Love, love love what you did with the image with the sentiment!

Irene said...

Morning >inda

Another stunner, I love every single detail.

luv
irene
xxxx

Chris said...

A beautiful card and a very sweet image too! I love your colouring and the gorgeous design, your stitching and the cork are the perfect finishing touches. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :D

Danni said...

Love the texture that the cork brings to this wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Daniele said...

great project thank you for joining us at MTTC hugs

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful. The cork dies look great and your stitching is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Davi said...

Wohoo, This is great! I love the cork and image together!! Glad to see we are one of your favorite challenges and that you joined us this week. See you next week!! :)

CarlaKH said...

So pretty....love your style as usual and the details are just perfect.

Denise said...

fabulous! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Linda!! LOVE the stressed look you gave your elements. The stitching is brilliant, the torn paper, the cork and the perfect image. Smashing! Hugs Viv xxx

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! Thanks for joining the Stamp Something Challenge this week! Hugs~ Andrea

Sian said...

Great card, fabby stitching.

Lauren said...

Awesome stitching on an adorable card! Love the corkboard! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope you will join us again next week.

Lauren

Nancy said...

Linda, this is amazing! I always love all of your details!! Thanks for playing with us at the Flutter By Wednesday challenge!!

Annika said...

Wonderful card! Fabulous colouring and layout and I love the cork butterfly and mat.Think I need cork now!!! lol
Thanks for playing at Stamp Something, hope to see you back next week!
Hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

I just love how you reduce the opacity and make it look like a painting! Gorgeous! Bummer about the sewing machine!

xoxoxox

theneon said...

A great card and I am sure your son will be delighted to receive it. The hand stitching does indeed add a nice bit of character -- but I am sure you'll be glad to have your sewing machine back in working order.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com